Skills: Captain / Master
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: USD90000 - USD105000 per annum
Location: Jacksonville, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
POSITION TITLE: Port Captain - Tankers
LOCATION: Jacksonville, FL NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within multiple industries. Our client is a leader in providing marine logistics and transportation services around the globe. They have added several new ships to their fleet and they are looking to add 3 new Port Captains to the team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES: Port Captain - Tankers
- Overseeing tanker vessels within the fleet from ensuring they are properly crewed, maintained, and operated within the industry/company standards and regulations
- Provide leadership, mentorship, and training to vessel personnel
- Provide inspection and maintenance plans and procedures
- Oversee union & non- union personnel
- Develop and maintain vessel operations budgets
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS: Port Captain - Tankers
- Bachelor's degree from a Maritime Academy and/or 10+ years of experience in the maritime industry ideally with tankers
- USCG Senior Officers License with tanker experience required
- 5+ years of experience sailing as a senior office ideally on a tanker
- Strong leadership and organization skills
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.