Liberal, KS, US
Liberal, KS, US
Skills: Engineering Manager, Production Operator, Wireline
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Liberal, KS, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Operations Engineer - Responsible for supervising service team members while performing wireline services on oil and gas wells. The individual may specialize in Open-Hole, Cased-Hole, or seek proficiency in both fields of expertise.
We are looking for a variety of Wireline Engineers that reside in and around Liberal, KS or are interested in relocating.
We offer a fantastic benefits package with low cost insurance plans for our employees to choose from. We offer competitive salary and a bi-weekly bonus' per project performed. We promote rapidly from within and your career is our Passion!
QUALIFICATION: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- College Diploma with emphasis in the sciences or High School Diploma and equivalent practical experience, at least 2 to 5 years Wireline Engineering Experience (some of which must include experience as a wireline operator)
- Must successfully meet all ATF, DOT, NRC, and/or state or local requirements for transporting, handling, and supervising others when working with hazardous materials
- Demonstrated communication skills both oral and written
- Computer skills in windows based operating systems
- Interpersonal skills when working with service team members, company management, and well site partners.
1. Responsible for supervision of a two or three-person wireline crew at the well site or shop;
2. Responsible for maintenance and care of mobile equipment including wireline trucks, crane trucks, and other fleet vehicles. Offshore employees working both on water and inland will be responsible for both vehicle fleet and skid fleet.
3. Responsible for maintenance and care of downhole electronic wireline instruments used for gathering geologic or well geometry data and uploaded via telemetry by electromagnetic cable to surface data acquisition and processing systems. Data is recorded and plotted as a function of depth on well logs. Some interpretation at wellsite is required. Some Well Log analysis skills are required including formation evaluation, production logging, cement bond log, well geometry integrity, and an understanding of open-hole log interpretation.
4. Proficient in the safe use of explosives and operates in compliance with API RP-67;
5. Responsible for regulatory compliance of all rules, regulations, and laws in accordance with appropriate federal, state, or local enforcement agencies;
6. Responsible for adherence to customer rules and policies while on customer's property;
7. Responsible for adherence to company rules, policies, and procedures;
8. Responsible for quality control of log data and service quality that meets company and customer expectations;
9. Communicates with customers and ensures satisfaction with well site services;
10. Responsible for and demands safe operations for all individuals on the jobsite.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Independent mobility while functioning on the company's business campus indoors and outdoors (frequently). Independent mobility while at the customer's wellsite (frequently). Frequent standing is required in the performance of duties and responsibilities. Flexibility is demonstrated by reaching for objects at various heights and distances (frequently).
- Manual dexterity is sufficient to reach and handle objects and equipment. Finger dexterity is demonstrated sufficiently to handle small objects (frequently).
- Hearing and talking is sufficient to communicate with co-workers (frequently). Visual acuity is sufficient to safely operate equipment at the business campus inside and outside (frequently); and, at the customer wellsite (constantly).
- The candidate must be able to lift up to 75 pounds to shoulder level (rarely); lift up to 35 pounds to above shoulder level (rarely); be able to lift objects up to 100 pounds to waist level (frequently); be able to push or pull objects weighing up to 125 pounds (occasionally); be able to walk and carry objects weighing up to 125 pounds (rarely); be able to walk and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds up and down stairs and over short distances (rarely); and, be able to 2 person lift and walk and carry objects weighing up to 200 pounds (rarely).
- Work in non-climate controlled environment with frequent work outside.
- Must be able to work alone and in-concert with service team members and other wellsite partners and contractors.
- Must be able to work in excessive cold and heat, dampness and humidity.
- Must be able to work around and with motorized equipment and vehicles and tolerate noise and vibrations.
- Must be able to work around chemicals, detergents, and cleaners as well as fumes, smoke and gas vapors.
- Must be able to work on uneven surfaces and climb scaffolds and ladders.