Skills: Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineer, Safety Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Reading, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is now accepting applications for our Reading-based Graduate Programme starting in September 2018. We are looking for Graduate Design Safety Engineers and Environmental Engineers with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance on projects across the full life cycle from studies and FEED to EPC. The purpose of this role is to join our team of Design HSE engineers taking responsibility for Design Safety / Environmental Engineering issues and deliverables on projects at all stages of the design phase.
The deadline for applications is 31st December 2017.
Key Elements of the Graduate Programme:
- Accredited training with quarterly development reviews for the first two years followed by two additional years of career development leading towards chartership and more senior roles
- Each graduate is assigned a mentor (chartered engineer), a departmental line manager and an HR graduate development Advisor to ensure they are supported in their personal and professional development to gain chartered status
- Exposure to a variety of projects to ensure well rounded development
- From the beginning there is hands-on involvement working on projects with the opportunity to develop skills by working alongside experienced engineers
- There are opportunities for site placements in the UK and overseas during a graduate's first few years with the company
As a Graduate Design Safety Engineer or Environmental Engineer you will be involved in undertaking Design HSE activities on our current projects in the refining, chemical, oil & gas, pharmaceutical, GTL and LNG sectors. Design Safety Engineers and Environmental Engineers are typically involved in all stages of project development from the initial concept phase, through basic design and plant definition to detailed design, construction and plant. This will include preparing Design HSE deliverables, primarily during FEEDs and the Detailed Design phase of projects, writing HSE plans and philosophies, conducting studies and risk assessments, both qualitative and quantitative, and participating in HAZOPs and HAZID/ENVID reviews.
As one of the world’s leading engineering, project management and consultancy companies, we deliver solutions for clients in the upstream oil & gas, midstream & LNG, refining, petrochemicals & chemicals, pharmaceuticals & biotechnology, mining & minerals, renewable, nuclear & conventional power, water and transport industries. With over a century of industry experience, we have a global perspective and an unrivalled reputation.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing international presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different cultures. You'll work closely with our clients and be part of a global team, committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Chemical Engineering or other Engineering subject
- MSc in Process Safety, Environmental Engineering / Technology or related subject preferred
- Eagerness to work and develop your career in Design HSE
- Candidates who apply for this position should be able to show experience of organisational skills, interpersonal skills, an eagerness for learning and self-motivation
- Demonstrated initiative, tenacity and excellent communication skills with an ability to learn quickly and be adaptable and flexible to match business requirements
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary team environments and adapt to change
- Candidates must have the right to work in the UK
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.