Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Calgary, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions requires a Senior Transportation Engineer for our Infrastructure office in Calgary.
The Senior Transportation Engineer will lead and support the successful delivery of urban and rural transportation infrastructure and civil engineering projects throughout Western Canada. Additionally, this key team leader will be involved in identifying and developing new business opportunities with existing and potential clients in the public and private sectors. This role includes working closely with other Wood business units to pursue local and international opportunities on transportation, mining, oil and gas, water management or other resource projects.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate recent transportation engineering experience in the consulting industry and/or experience working with, or for, public sector clients in Alberta.
- Transportation planning, traffic engineering, preliminary engineering and detailed design
- Developing cost estimates and professional reports
- Function as a project discipline lead or project manager as required
- Coach, mentor and provide technical leadership to junior staff
- Oversee the preparation and review of reports, plans, specifications and tender documents
- Quality control checks on engineering and design deliverables
- Tender preparation and construction contract administration
- Providing technical support during construction
- Preparation of written proposals and presentations
- Client liaison and relationship management
- Identification and development of new business opportunities
Skills / Qualifications
- Excellent verbal, comprehension and written communication skills - a strong command of the English language is critical
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience including at least 5 years of geometric design for Canadian roads
- Familiarity with Alberta Transportation, City of Calgary and TAC design standards
- Urban transportation engineering experience
- Construction site experience
- Proficiency with Civil 3D and Synchro software
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project
- University degree in Civil Engineering
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in Alberta
- Occasional short-term travel
- Self-starter, able to work effectively with minimal direction
In addition to the mandatory requirements, the following items would be considered assets for this role:
- Design/Build or P3 experience
- Transit experience
- Construction contractor experience
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.