Santa Barbara, CA, US
Santa Barbara, CA, US
Skills: Environmental Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Santa Barbara, CA, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an Environmental Analyst to work with senior managers to assist with environmental planning projects, expand existing and new client relationships, and contribute to Wood’s capacity in the environmental and engineering marketplace. Part-time or hourly schedules considered in addition to fulltime.
The successful candidate will report to a Senior Program Manager and work directly with project managers throughout California. Primary responsibilities will include preparing analyses of environmental issues in the context of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) compliance, Clean Water Act (CWA) Section 404 permitting, local planning documents, etc.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Environmental Science, Land Use Planning, Natural Resources
- Management or related field
- Zero- to 3-years (for entry-level) experience in authoring resource descriptions, impacts analyses, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English)
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate effective organizational skills
- Working knowledge of environmental / engineering principles and standards
- Ability to work independently
- Familiarity with NEPA and CEQA required
- Proficiency with MS Office: Excel and Word, in particular
- Pay commensurate with experience
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.