Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Calgary, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Maintenance Planner / Scheduler
Are you a Maintenance Planner / Scheduler and interested in joining the team of our client? Our client is a major Oil and Gas company, which is looking for a driven, independent and enthusiastic Maintenance Planner / Scheduler. The role will be located in Kearl Lake, AB.
To be responsible for the planning and scheduling of all Maintenance activities. Should have good understanding of safety, health, and environmental requirements (SHE), work selection criteria, work planning, norms estimating, procurement practices, business practices and controls, contractor interface awareness, development of job packs, etc. Skilled in scheduling work tasks to ensure efficient resource utilization, excellent coordination between operations (equipment readiness / permitting), material availability, construction equipment support, and labor crew (skills) composition and assignment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly and concisely convey recommendations to management;
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs;
- Proficient in selected scheduling and planning software;
- Able to apply planning logic, such as, lead, lag, critical path and milestones;
- Demonstrates good leadership skills in Work Team meetings to remove barriers and steward action items and cost profile to work plan and cost estimates. Able to adequately assess work contingencies with schedule impact, lead coordination activity between teams should contingencies arise;
- Able to plan complex job and develop resource plan with Scheduler, Execution lead, and Operations across all disciplines. Able to identify and monitor critical and sub-critical paths for major events;
- Able to apply advanced functions of Planning & Estimating Tools, as applicable to the position. Able to educate field execution personnel on look-ahead schedules, and help ensure timely work progression;
- Able to provide input to maintenance work Contracting/Procurement strategy and steward to that plan. Able to resolve scheduling issues, including: Negative Float, Out-of-sequence updates, resource overloads, scope change, progress validation, etc.;
- Able to develop a complete job plan with materials, resources and timeline;
- Able to provide input into material of construction selection and management;
- Able to plan, estimate, track and schedule Field Order Changes (FCO's);
- Position is Short Range Tailings, Hydro Transport, Fine Thickened Tailings Planner;
- Reports to Short Range Planning Lead;
- Mandatory participant in CFT – allocating new work orders to appropriate planning resources;
- Responsible for creating plans and task lists for all maintenance repair activities including:
- Emergency, break-in, urgent breakdown work-orders;
- All low to medium complexity breakdown, predictive, preventative maintenance plans;
- High complexity including 30 days or less LACD (equipment failure, minor modifications including ops tech engagement) - with collaboration with long range planners;
- PM plans – short range timing, and condition based work;
- Site-specific orientation to be provided by Imperial. Contingent Worker/Agency to supply all safety.
- Grade 12 High School Education;
- 5 years industry experience - Mechanical/Millwright, Pipefitter, Planning, Project Management;
- Superior working knowledge of SAP;
- Technical certification preferred – based on planner position (Mechanical/Millwright, Pipefitter, Instrument, Electrical;
- Expert knowledge of Maintenance processes and oil sands maintenance programs;
- Familiarity with heavy industry planning, scheduling and execution concepts;
- Thorough working knowledge of Maintenance and Reliability practices.
What We Offer
Brunel Energy provides specialist personnel to the international oil & gas, petrochemical, power generation and construction industries. Our clients are predominantly major operating companies and international engineering or construction companies. Through a network of 104 offices, across 35 countries we currently supply nearly 9,000 Technical Specialists to the largest multi-national Oil & Gas Companies and major EPC Contractors, through well-established global supply agreements.
As a forerunner in the petroleum industry, our client has come to represent leadership and industry expertise. They are one of Canada’s largest corporations and are engaged in the exploration, production and sale of crude oil and natural gas. Considered by many to be highly safety conscious, and are community and environmental leaders, our client offers exciting and cutting edge technology opportunities in the Oil Sands of Alberta. Be a part of the innovation and position of leadership that can allow you opportunities to learn and grow your career.