Skills: Design Engineer, Engineering Manager
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chandigarh, India
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
This position will manage a product oriented team of mechanical Design Engineers and Drafters working on projects ranging from Conceptual Design to Manufacturing Drawings and associated technical documents. This position provides the technical leadership to the team to ensure high quality design solutions / services to global clients, within schedule and budget and by ensuring the processes are followed by the Team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide technical and function leadership to the team of design engineers and drafters in order to provide the required innovation, efficiency and technical competency, to meet the business needs of internal clients located globally.
- Manage the design / drafting / engineering requests for one or multiple Business Units from start to completion.
- Accountable for high quality design and engineering solutions/services from the team and maintain quality records. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Allocate resources in the projects, taking into account competency and skill required for the specific project
- Ensure the design for compliance with the relevant industry codes and with the client design specifications.
- Help compile group metrics and drive more productivity and reduce average cycle time of design processes.
- Review and manage the Projects regularly for scope, budget and schedules, as well as, related risk with best individual and team effort.
- Develop project plans; Coordinate projects; Communicate changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Ensure for proper tracking & maintenance of project documentation by proper Change Management Practices for correct billing for respective Projects.
- Ensure the entry in Lesson Learnt log after completion of each project by the team.
- Conduct monthly governance meetings with global Business Unit's stakeholders and present the metrics and updates on the engagement
- Continuously communicate with stakeholders from Business Units and proactively resolve any issues.
- Create and Implement best practices for Design Engineering Team. Participate in design / tollgate reviews of projects.
- Assist in Capacity planning, budget preparation etc. for his/her team.
- Approve Time Entry for his/her team and review the accuracy of Time sheets for billing purpose
- Approve expenditure for his reportees
- Responsible for effective deployment of local and enterprise level process initiatives
- Ensure quality of service and resource utilization through measuring and monitoring key performance indicators (KPI's)
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal and external clients and understand client needs. Stay current on technical, industry trends and best practices
- Carry out associated administrative duties for the direct reportee viz. probation review, individual goal setting, employee development. conducting appraisal, conducting interviews for recruitment, exit interview, leave approval, expense approval, etc.
- Prepare Competency Matrix for the team and keep it up to date by reviewing it half yearly. Work towards improving the competency Level of the team in line with business needs.
- Work towards establishing Operational Excellence at department level. Support Quality Management System implementation at department level and drive Continuous Improvement process.
- Carry out additional duties as assigned
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- Bachelors / Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 8 / 6 yrs of experience. Leading an Engineering / Project team as Team Lead for at least 2 years is a must.
- Good knowledge on use of Solidworks and PLM/PDM software
- Strong knowledge of more than one relevant Mechanical industry codes/standards (e.g.; ASME, DNV, API, AISC etc.)
- Exposure with PLM / PDM Tools is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Program management / Project management including exposure with Microsoft Project Management / Primavera P6 is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
- Self motivated, confident and passionate
- Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Able to make decisions in conflicting situation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported