Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Sarnia, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Are you a Maintenance Planner/Scheduler and interested in joining the team of our client? Our client is a major Oil and Gas company, which is looking for a driven, independent and enthusiastic Maintenance Planner/Scheduler. The role will be located in Sarnia, ON.
To be responsible for the planning and scheduling of all Maintenance activities. Should have good understanding of safety, health, and environmental requirements (SHE), work selection criteria, work planning, norms estimating, procurement practices, business practices and controls, contractor interface awareness, development of job packs, etc. Skilled in scheduling work tasks to ensure efficient resource utilization, excellent coordination between operations (equipment readiness / permitting), material availability, construction equipment support, and labor crew (skills) composition and assignment.
- Works with Planner in developing schedule, cost estimates and equipment planning for Routine work to be accomplished during the Turnaround window;
- This position is specifically a Machinery Planning position. Individual should have experience using computers, in particular, emails, Micro Soft Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.;
- Complete 100% TA job pack information, including Field Execution Deck Books;
- Individual will need to be fit for field activities to verify planning / scheduling details;
- Finalize Safe Job Plans associated with the maintenance tasks;
- Assist in development of Quality Control Checklists;
- Close on SMED follow ups;
- Ensure planning aligned towards achieving T-minus targets;
- This includes materials procurement & continued contractor engagement;
- Explore all possible execution options, prepare contingency plans if required;
- Track status of long delivery items;
- Support Class II Estimate development - This will be the final Control;
- Estimate for TA execution;
- Support Optimization of Primavera Plans to assist in establishing crew sizes/ramp up/down;
- Continue to support detailed logistics planning & estimates associated with machinery scope;
- Support Execution Team ramp up with timely issue of job packs & communication of work Engage Contractors throughout final planning & in preparation for site pre-TA activities;
- Communication of job requirements to Field Execution team;
- Support Field Execution Team with questions, plan upgrades;
- Effectively manage job package revisions as they arise;
- Active engagement in TA Loss Control Program with regular field presence throughout pre TA ramp up and through the TA;
- Provide ongoing estimating & planning Support for scope changes. Effectively communicate new work to execution team;
- Support logistic planning & unit/site logistics set up. Support Contractor site mobilization activity;
- Ensure material receiving inspections is carried out by appropriate persons - verify correctness of all materials & prefab item;
- Communication of any material issues or remediation measures required;
- Support execution resourcing decisions based on plan requirements;
- Support Quality Control efforts.
- Years of closely related professional experience;
Bachelors degree in Engineering within an applicable discipline, appropriate certification(s) within discipline, or equivalent professional Experience;
Effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly and concisely convey recommendations to management;
Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities;
Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs;
Proficient in selected scheduling and planning software.
What We Offer
Brunel Energy provides specialist personnel to the international oil & gas, petrochemical, power generation and construction industries. Our clients are predominantly major operating companies and international engineering or construction companies. Through a network of 104 offices, across 35 countries we currently supply nearly 9,000 Technical Specialists to the largest multi-national Oil & Gas Companies and major EPC Contractors, through well-established global supply agreements.
As a forerunner in the petroleum industry, our client has come to represent leadership and industry expertise. They are one of Canada’s largest corporations and are engaged in the exploration, production and sale of crude oil and natural gas. Considered by many to be highly safety conscious, and are community and environmental leaders, our client offers exciting and cutting edge technology opportunities in the Oil Sands of Alberta. Be a part of the innovation and position of leadership that can allow you opportunities to learn and grow your career.