Skills: Construction Engineer, Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Sarnia, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Planning and Scheduling Engineer
Are you a Planning and Scheduling Engineer and interested in joining the team of our client? Our client is a major Oil and Gas company, which is looking for a driven, independent and enthusiastic Planning and Scheduling Engineer. The role will be located in Sarnia, ON. Candidates must be local or willing to relocate.
The Planning and Scheduling Engineer (PE) is responsible for the Project Schedule and all aspects of the Progress Measurement System. This includes day-to-day activities for the development, maintaining, monitoring, controlling and integrating of the overall Project schedule including putting in place the progress measurement system, verification and reporting. The PE reviews Contractor Schedules for usefulness, logic, level of detail, input sources, timing, lines of communication, and interfaces with other project elements and consistency with Current Control Estimate, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), and the Project Plan. The PE also establishes the schedule requirements and frequencies of issue for all of the contractor schedule deliverables. The PE strives for timely detection of trends and specifically deviations from the plan.
- Provide overall project schedule, progress measurement, and change management expertise;
- Ensures that the schedule control & progress procedures are developed and executed by the Contractor’s to monitor its schedule control activities and progress reporting;
- Coordinates, monitors, and assesses Contractor’s efforts in project planning, progress measurement and control;
- Reviews project changes to evaluate detail schedule impact; responsible for quantifying and incorporating the effect and impact of approved changes in the overall schedule stewardship and reporting;
- Following alignment with Planning Lead, advises Project Controls Lead and Project Team of any potential schedule issues and when necessary, provides guidance on, corrective action and measures to mitigate any adverse trends;
- Assists Planning Lead and Project Controls;
- Lead in developing and reviewing schedule corrective actions and recovery plans, and verifies needed actions/plans are implemented;
- Monitors and appraises the performance of the Contractor compared to agreed control plans in the areas of progress and schedule control - Reviews Contractor’s project control procedures to ensure that Company’s and Contract requirements are met;
- Reviews and checks Contractor’s progress reports for accuracy of progress measurement and when necessary, reviews and endorses claimed progress reported by Contractor;
- Reviews, monitors and control the Contractor’s schedules for all project activities for logic, level of detail, interfaces, etc. (e.g., Level 3, Level 4, short-term look-ahead schedules);
- Analyzes schedule and progress trends reported by Contractor;
- Analyzes the planned quantity metrics projections for all home office and site disciplines (e.g. Piping, Civil, Electrical, etc.) and monitors actual metrics quantities completed against planned;
- Supporting the Project Team with ongoing project schedule analysis, reporting, and forecasting activities;
- Develop and document Schedules annual and multi-year, and ensuring that these products reflect the approved project design/execution scope;
- Analyze schedule trends, develop and review schedule forecasts;
- Monitor and report on schedule implications of changes - Prepares and compiles weekly and monthly Reports (schedule & progress) as required;
- Participate in developing Contract Control Schedules and Milestones;
- Participate in contract bid evaluations (as required).
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or Construction Management;
- 10 to 20 years of related experience is require;
- Project controls experience focused on planning and schedule control Technical discipline certifications commensurate with work experience;
- Strong Influencing, Consulting, Mentoring, Analytical, and Computing skills • Adaptability to changing priorities;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to multitask and respond quickly to urgent analysis requests.
What We Offer
Brunel Energy provides specialist personnel to the international oil & gas, petrochemical, power generation and construction industries. Our clients are predominantly major operating companies and international engineering or construction companies. Through a network of 104 offices, across 35 countries we currently supply nearly 9,000 Technical Specialists to the largest multi-national Oil & Gas Companies and major EPC Contractors, through well established global supply agreements.
As a forerunner in the petroleum industry, our client has come to represent leadership and industry expertise. They are one of Canada’s largest corporations and are engaged in the exploration, production and sale of crude oil and natural gas. Considered by many to be highly safety conscious, and are community and environmental leaders, our client offers exciting and cutting edge technology opportunities in the Oil Sands of Alberta. Be a part of the innovation and position of leadership that can allow you opportunities to learn and grow your career.