Raceland, LA, US
Raceland, LA, US
Skills: Mechanic, Mechanical Technician
Other Skills: Millwright looking for LONG TERM MAINTENANCE OPPORTUNITY
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: $30/hr D.O.E.
Location: Raceland, LA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Schedule: Monday - Friday (weekends as needed)
Location: Raceland, LA
A successful candidate will exhibit characteristics that support the following:
o Safety Awareness
o Work Ethic
o Technical Skill
o Customer Focus
o Open Communication
o Implementing Vision and Values
· Installs and aligns machinery and equipment according to precise requirements of drawings and specifications.
· Reads blue prints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
· Dismantles machines using hammers, wrenches, crowbars and other hand tools.
· Moves machinery and equipment using hoists, dollies, rollers and trucks.
· Assembles and installs equipment, such as shafting, conveyors and monorails using hand tools and power tools.
· Constructs foundations for machines using hand tools and building materials, such as wood, cement and steel.
· Proficient with alignment of pumps using dial indicators and laser alignment.
· Assembles machines and bolts, welds, rivets or otherwise fastens them to foundation or other structures using hand tools and power tools.
· Experience on Robatel centrifuges is a plus
· May repair and lubricate machines and equipment.
· Participate in JSA's, behavioral based safety observations, and all other Safety, Health and Environmental Processes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· 5 or more years of prior journeyman millwrighting experience.
· Must be able to read project-related documents in the English language and work from blue prints and schematic drawings.
· Must adhere to all company safety requirements and have basic pipe fitting tools.
· Lightning gear box agitators
· Griswald pumps
· Able to change seals and rebuild pumps
Physical Demands and Work Environment
· Ability to work skillfully with both hands constantly, independently, safely lift and carry objects up to 5 feet long and weighing up to 20 pounds routinely, 50 pounds occasionally, climb and maintain balance on ladders and scaffold, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, push, pull, twist, finger, grasp and feel on a constant and repetitive basis, stand, walk, talk, see (20/20 vision naturally or corrected), hear within normal range and perform repetitive motion activities.
· Ability to work in extreme environmental conditions including excessive heat and cold, noise, vibrations, dust, fumes, oils, wear a portable respirator.
· Ability to physically negotiate the hazards of a new construction worksite (i.e. uneven surfaces, floor openings, heights, construction debris and poor lighting).
Candidates will be required to pass:
· Drug & Alcohol Test
· Physical, Agility, and Respirator Fit Test
Why work for PDI?
PDI offers competitive wages, sustainable health benefits, 401K company match, and opportunities for employee development.
Sounds like your ideal employer?
Apply today! Visit www.pdi-s.com to complete a general application or to review additional openings.