Skills: CAD / CAM, Instrument & Controls Engineer, PDMS / PDS
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Houston, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Brief Posting Description
We are currently sourcing an Instrument Designer to join our team in Houston, TX.
At this time, we will only consider applications from U.S. Citizens or those with the required permit/VISA for this region, in place.
Attend project meetings, assign specific design tasks to discipline design team, monitor production levels and perform checking activities. Accountable for delivery, production levels, consistency and overall quality of work, management of change.
· Review and apply project standards and documents to assure the drawings and documents are compatible and aligned with the overall project objectives
· Will be adding instrumentation to PDMS 3D model
**This role will NOT be doing SPI wiring**
- 10 + years industry experience (oil & gas)
- Significant OFFSHORE project experience
- Proficient with PDMS software
- 2 year Associates Degree - Instrumentation Control Systems or equal training / experience
- Advanced knowledge of applicable codes and regulations
- Proficient with appropriate department software tools
- Complete understanding of proper drawing organization and production
- Strong knowledge of department design and drafting standards and procedures
The Company embraces diversity in our workforce, ensuring we have a workforce that provides us with a wide range of skills, ideas and energy. Embracing diversity means the Company will acknowledge, understand and appreciate the differences between individuals in developing a workplace that develops, benefits and enhances their value.
Selection for employment, promotion or any other benefit will be made on the basis of merit, ability and suitability.
How To Apply
Please quote job reference IRC143567 in all correspondence relating to this position.
To be considered, please follow the prompts within the system – applications via email will not be considered.
If you do not meet the requirements for this position as specified at screening stage, you will receive a notification via email. We would like to thank you for your application and interest in Wood.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.