Skills: Production Operator
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Lafayette, LA, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Brief Posting Description
We are currently sourcing an A Operator to join our team in the Gulf of Mexico. The successful candidate will be required to undertake and must have the ability to operate a production facility without supervision, including but not limited to, personnel, safety, environmental, and regulatory compliance.
This position will report directly to the manager.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
· Functions as replacement for lead operator when absent, supervises personnel during daily functions to assure safe practices and a pollution free environment within the compliance of all federal, state and local governmental agencies.
· Operates, maintains and repairs all facility equipment, quarters and activities on a daily basis which include good housekeeping, parts and material storage, record keeping, shipping and receiving.
· Operates, monitors, tests, and maintains all process equipment and safety devices from the wellhead to the sales line.
· Monitors the performance of personnel, wells and production equipment to maximize recovery; Calculates daily rates, complete well testing, and reports production information; Determines gravity of condensate and salinity of water and troubleshooting to deliver the maximum sales quality and quantity of gas, oil and/or condensate to sales line and to discharge produced water containing less than 29 ppm hydrocarbons overboard within the capabilities of the equipment.
· Interprets gas meter charts and calculation of gas volume in accordance with AGA No.3 and liquid volume in accordance with ASTM standards from meter and production areas.
· Responsible for safety and safety record keeping required by BSEE and USCG on such items as weekly/monthly safety meetings, emergency evacuation and response plan, abandon platform, boarding personnel briefing on emergency procedures, etc.
· Operates, tests, maintains, repairs and record keeps required data on all safety shutdown systems and devices in accordance with BSEE regulations and approved facility permit safe chart.
Other duties as required.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
3-4 years of experience required in oil and gas production
Work schedule of 14x14 with a work terminal out of Cameron, LA
The Company embraces diversity in our workforce, ensuring we have a workforce that provides us with a wide range of skills, ideas and energy. Embracing diversity means the Company will acknowledge, understand and appreciate the differences between individuals in developing a workplace that develops, benefits and enhances their value.
Selection for employment, promotion or any other benefit will be made on the basis of merit, ability and suitability.
How To Apply
Please quote job reference IRC 143537 in all correspondence relating to this position.
To be considered, please follow the prompts within the system – applications via email will not be considered.
If you do not meet the requirements for this position as specified at screening stage, you will receive a notification via email. We would like to thank you for your application and interest in Wood.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.