Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
- Under broad direction, delivers and assists with writing and editing of highly technical training and educational materials.
- Provides subject matter expertise for multi-discipline technical training, complex distant learning course development, or business development curriculum.
- Deliver, design and develop skills demonstration exercises applying knowledge of electronics, mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, engineering, programming or business development.
- Provides guidance to less experienced instructors.
- Job duties impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations.
- Skills are typically acquired through an undergraduate degree in engineering, education or similar disciplines and minimum 8 years of experience in Human Resource Development or Product Service Line operations, curriculum development or training experience.
- Oversee and mentor Technical instructors in development of competency based curricula for their assigned courses.
- In situations of course ownership, oversee deployed instructors focusing on current and consistent curricula.
- Participate in technology exchange with PSL and Technology Centers.
- Advanced Product Service Line technical knowledge skills and experience necessary for this role.
- Bilingual Spanish and Artificial Lift Experience are strongly preferred.
- Traveling is required.
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs.
- Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available, including Sr. Technical Instructor, Principal Technical Instructor & Lead Technical Instructor
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
835 W 41st St South, Tulsa, Oklahoma, 74104, United States
Requisition Number: 47608
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Artificial Lift
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.