Skills: Mechanic, Workshop
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Angola, Angola
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The primary responsibility of this position is to supervise the Automotive shop at the Viana manufacturing and service center.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervises the personnel and activities of the automotive shop
- Ensure maintenance and repair practices meet all HSE standards
- Develop and execute Maintenance and Repair Plans which ensures on-time delivery and quality standards
- Proactively identify, communicate and mitigate schedule execution issues. Develop and implement visual schedule indicators improving awareness at the shop floor level
- Optimize utilization of shop personnel to meet budgeted shop labor rates
- Supervises shop actual hours ensuring they are in line with estimated hours. Improve accuracy as it relates to planned hours
- Develop, implement and document equipment maintenance program as appropriate
- Work closely with QA/QC; support NCR/CAR process and implement corrective acitons as appropriate
- Interface with Customers and Purchasing department on a regular basis to solve issues that arise during the maintenanace and repair process
- Evaluate impact, and implement engineering changes in the Automotive shop; initiate actions to minimize cost and schedules impact of changes
- Supervise the receipt and storage of maintenance and repair parts, as well as receiving and releasing vehicles
- Input material transactions and inventory documentation
- Manage the preventative maintenance of all equipment associated with the automotive shop and vehicle fleet
- Aid in the implementation of maintenance and repair best practice improvement including 5S, lean manufacturing and other advanced manufacturing practices/concepts
- Develop and implement maintenance and repair strategy for Viana based operations and vehicle fleet, in conjunction with management
- Minimum 10 years automotive maintenance and repair related experience in a automotiveshop or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to use basic software MS Office Word,and MS Office Excel
- Formal apprenticeship training in Automotive Maintenance and Repair
- Certificates of education relating to Automotive Maintenance and Repair
- Ability to use Oricle Peoplesoft for Work Orders and Requisitions
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem solving.
- Use sound judgment and personal initiative
- Have excellent communcation and organizational skills
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Treats others fairly and with respect.
- Knowledge of department's policies, rules, regulations, business goals, vision, organizational structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles and values, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain priorities.
- Identify what needs to be done and take action before being asked or required.
- This position is considered SHOP/INDOORS WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Primarily indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- When outdoors, humidity is frequently above 90%
- Noise is over 85 decibels.
- Occasional exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, chemicals, fumes, and gases.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position is considered MEDIUM work.
- Lift 10-25 kgs
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on
- stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Identify color differences
- Wear PPE for skin protection
- Lift 5-12 kgs
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects
- Twist body, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated, and work with arms extended overhead.
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift up to 5 kgs
- Wear PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing protection
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.