Skills: Safety Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Madrid, Spain
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking to recruit a competent Senior Process Safety Engineer to manage and co-ordinate the overall Safety / Environmental design of the Project and to ensure that it meets Clients technical and engineering specifications as well as all relevant Statutory obligations.
- Establish, and communicate to the rest of the project team, the applicable legislation, codes and standards to be complied with
- To supervise, direct and control the Technical Safety work including the preparation of associated plans and review of design philosophies, reports, specifications, drawings and data sheets
- To establish from Client Safety Management System the design bases and philosophies for safety, fire and explosion protection, fire detection, heating and ventilation systems and to co-ordinate / monitor work related to these functions developed by process, piping, instruments, electrical, architects and structural disciplines.
- To be familiar with all relevant Departmental Procedures and ensure that any deviations from these procedures and discussed with the Manager, Safety / Environmental Engineering
- Control and adherence to programme and man-hour control requirements
- Administration requirements for the project including :
- Maintenance of the document control procedures and systems.
- Ensuring control turnaround documents are completed in accordance with project requirements
- Ensuring holds diaries are maintained
- Ensuring satisfactory filing and retrieval systems are set up for use by the discipline and for maintenance long term records
- Ensuring that inputs to progress reports are issued in accordance with project requirements
- Provide adequate notice of required changes to staffing levels to Manager, Safety / Environmental Department
- Liaison requirements to be met for other disciplines, co-ordination team and Client
- Initiating and monitoring Quality Assurance requirements of project procedures
- Providing direct supervision of wind tunnel tests
- Attend regular design review meetings with Project Engineers and Lead Engineers and to ensure that safety aspects are properly coordinated and understood by all members of the project team
- To read, understand and implement the Company Safety Policy and the arrangements described in the Company and area Safety Management
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum Ten years’ experience in major oil / gas projects in a similar position
- A degree in Chemical Engineering
- Must have executed major refinery projects as the lead or senior process safety engineer for detailed engineering with an engineering contractor / PMC organization
- Must be fully knowledgeable about codes, standards and recommended practices for Process Safety Management
- Must have handled independently plot plan reviews, HAZOP, HAZAN and safety reviews and made significant contributions therein and ensure that the facilities to be constructed will be safe to operate and maintain
- Knowledge of local / owners’ safety regulations will be essential to further verify that these are fully incorporated in the plant design
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.