Skills: Design Engineer, Machinist, PR / Corporate Communications
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Calgary, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Brief Posting Description
We are currently sourcing a Design Analyst- Machinery to join our team in Calgary, CA.
This position will report directly to Regional Business Manager
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required
Would you like a technically challenging role in solving complex vibration, pulsation,performance and related problems?
Do you want to develop your engineering skills and practical design experience in FEA, dynamic analysis,stress analysis, and other capabilities?
Do you want to join a team of world experts, who share your interest in solving technical design challenges with new or modified onshore and offshore oil and gas facilities?
These and many other advantages are associated with Wood VDN.
- Perform design studies (analysis) for new or modified machinery packages and the associated piping system.
- The work is primarily for facility owners, OEMs, Engineering Consultants, and Equipment Packagers.
- The initial focus is on reciprocating compressors and pumping systems. This involves pulsation analysis, mechanicalanalysis (including FEA and forced response studies), skid design, and pipinglayout.
- The job can expand to include torsional vibration analysis, platform dynamics, foundation design, skid design, flow induced studies, centrifugal compressors surge control, and many other design requirements. In addition, we strongly encourage design engineers to participate in field analysis and troubleshooting. The combined field and design capability enable Wood staff to offer world class support.
- The work will involve commercial software such as ANSYS FEA software, CAESAR, AutoCad, Solidworks, and others.The computer modelling will also involve Beta’s proprietary modelling software.
- Typically jobs involve supporting customers during the initial project planning stages by offering application assistance. As the job moves forward, our staff conduced detailed design analysis and work closely with customers to find the optimal solutions and recommendations.
- Our staff provides application advice in person or by phone. As the person gains experience, they will assist with project management and training presentations.
- Prepare timely and accurate technicalreports to professional standards.
- Implement and adhere to Wood EH&S policy at all work sites.
- Strong verbal communication skills, with the ability to speak directly to the issue and to adapt to work environment and customers communication style.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with customers. Strong customer focus, project management and the desire to go the extra mile.
- Proficient in standard windows software and ideally have some capability in AutoCad, CAESAR, SolidWorks, and ANSYS FEA.
- Strong interest in vibration,performance, reliability, and design.
- Excellent communication, interpersonaland analytical skills; working knowledge of computer systems.
- Position may require limited travel to visit customers in Canada.
The Company embraces diversity in our workforce, ensuring we have a workforce that provides us with a wide range of skills, ideas and energy. Embracing diversity means the Company will acknowledge, understand and appreciate the differences between individuals in developing a workplace that develops, benefits and enhances their value.
Selection for employment, promotion or any other benefit will be made on the basis of merit, ability and suitability.
How To Apply
Please quote job reference IRC143187 in all correspondence relating to this position.
To be considered, please follow the prompts within the system – applications via email will not be considered.
If you do not meet the requirements for this position as specified at screening stage, you will receive a notification via email. We would like to thank you for your application and interest in Wood.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.