Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Tampa, FL, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The candidate for this position will have a minimum of five years of shop management experience, proven abilities in manual machining, the ability to coach and supervise manual machinists, the ability and experience of working in an industrial shop environment.
- Supervise, schedule, coach and discipline, and in general manage all inside shop employees to include Machinists, Cylinder Repair Techs, Pump Repair Technicians, Welder/Fabricators and the Shop Coordinator
- Must be able to assist Manual machinist with set-up issues, drawing interpretations, calculations and material specifications.
- Maintain and give updates to the shop production schedule, communicate all work in progress and inform upper management of potential problems with agreed deadlines.
- Work with the planning team and senior management to establish work schedules which reflect the shop capacity.
- Read, analyze, and interpret technical journal specifications & procedures.
- Communicate to all levels of the organization and work with estimators on complex job quotes to validate estimator's expectations of process and scope of job.
- Assist machinist in set-up and quality control. Coach and train operators to make adjustments to set-ups and programs to improve yield and cycle times.
- Provide training and coaching in production, in-process quality inspection, material handling, equipment safety, and hazardous materials.
- Plan jobs and preventive maintenance to fully utilize shop resources, and monitor employees to ensure machines are running at optimal efficiencies.
- Calculate material stock sizes & lengths. Coordinate best methods of Remanufacturing. Manage inventory including oversight of raw materials availability for Welding Shop, Machine Shop and Repair Shop.
- Inspect all jobs to ensure no Components or parts fail established Quality Control guidelines.
- Create Job Traveler Forms for each job/customer to track employee time and parts cost, then complete test reports.
- Increase production and quality, eliminate warranty, and constantly improve processes.
- Develops and maintains communication in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and customers using established guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Management and Supervisory Skills
- Technical Shop Skills
- Machining Capacity
- Basic computer knowledge and skill including Microsoft Office, Outlook, laptop
- Customer/Client Focus
- Time Management
- Written and oral communication skills
- Training/coaching abilities
- Hydraulics, pneumatics, welding, fabrication abilities
This position oversees the day to day operation of the industrial machine shop and all positions working within it to include, but not limited to, Welders/Fabricators, Manual Machinists, and shop coordinator.