Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Tampa, FL, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Machine Shop Lead will oversee all shop activities including the day-to-day operation of shop. The Shop Manager is responsible for the shop staff and their schedules, time sheets, lunches/breaks, all work assignments and activities.
- Operate Lathes, Mills, Surface Grinders, and other machines
- Plan and perform difficult machining operations which require complicated setups or a high degree of accuracy, setting up machine tool or tools.
- Determine proper feeds, speeds, tooling, and operation sequence or selects those prescribed in drawings or layouts.
- Read and interpret engineering and technical data and use a variety of precision measuring instruments, making necessary adjustments during machining operation to achieve requisite dimensions to very close tolerances.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Order and maintain items required to accomplish tasking.
- This individual may be required to select proper coolants and cutting and lubricating oils to recognize when tools need dressing, and to dress tools.
- Act as technical authority over machine shop personnel and provide oversight of all lower grade Machinist.