Skills: Field Comm / SCADA, Field Service Tech, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Kermit, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Title: Automation Technician
Location: Kermit Texas
- 3+ years of experience in Oil and Gas Instrumentation, Electrical, and Control Experience.
- Analyze engineering sketches, specifications, drawings and related data to determine electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, motion and control components for equipment.
- Coordinate and conduct tests of completed units and components under operational conditions to investigate design proposals for improving equipment performance or to obtain data for development, standardization, and quality control.
- Field commission of equipment at customer sites, make adjustments and recommendations to engineers for design modifications to eliminate malfunctions as needed
- Interface internally with engineering department, sales, purchasing, shop personnel and project management.
- Interface externally with vendors, customers, consultants and contractors to ensure the delivered systems meet technical performance specifications.
- Strong troubleshooting skills for electronic end devices
- SCADA troubleshooting and calibration of transmitters
- Knowledge of PLC troubleshooting and repair and understand logic.
- Programming Abilities are a plus
Insurance-Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Prescription Drug Plan
Long Term & Short Term Disability
Paid vacations and holidays
Performance Award Program
Shamrock Energy Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pay is competitive and based on experience.
Shamrock Energy Solutions is a diversified services provider for the energy industry with locations in Louisiana and Texas. Founded in 1997, Shamrock started in the Gulf of Mexico region offering a variety of services including contract production personnel, mechanical services, glycol/production equipment servicing, and electrical services. Shamrock has continued to grow in size, areas of operations, and areas of expertise while also enhancing its core business units. Shamrock maintains a family oriented philosophy and follows the concept of “provide for your employees and your employees will have a feeling of ownership and pride.”
Shamrock has expanded its operations to include Packaged Systems, Production Equipment, Instrumentation & Electrical, Mechanical Services, Production Operations, Valve & Wellhead, Rentals & Refurbished Equipment. We are a company dedicated to taking care of its customers by offering multiple products and services. A complete list of our products and services can be found on our website at www.go-shamrock.com or in our brochure. An overview of our products and services is listed below:
- Production Operations
- Mechanical Maintenance
- Instrumentation & Electrical
- Production Equipment
- Valve & Wellhead
- Rentals & Refurbished Equipment
Shamrock has an extensive customer base throughout the Gulf Coast Region. Through great efforts in customer relations, employee retention and recruiting, and great work ethics Shamrock Energy Solutions has proven itself as leader in the oil and gas industry.
Shamrock Energy Solutions is a Family oriented company who provides Excellent Employee Benefits and Incentives.