Houston, TX, US
Houston, TX, US
Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Programming & Database, IT - Software Development
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world-s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
The Business Intelligence (BI) Lead will be responsible for design, development, and implementation of BI solutions that drive value for the organization. The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of business intelligence tools, the differences in capabilities of various tools, and a desire to understand our data to build the data models and visualizations that will help the business achieve their goals. They will focus on BI projects and be accountable for the solutions and collaboration with the stake holders.
- Under broad direction, often working independently and providing leadership for others
- Responsibilities include development, oversight of development, support of one or more applications within the BI portfolio
- Champion data quality, integrity and reliability throughout the department by designing and promoting best practices.
- Participate in and providing leadership for analysis leading to requirements, estimates, and system designs
- Performs quality assurance reviews, documentation, system deployment, and often involves performing project analyses, designs, etc., for/with customers
- Provide assistance to BI team members with issues needing technical expertise or complex systems and/or programming knowledge. Provide on-the-job training for new or less experienced team members
- Coaching and mentoring of junior team members
- Interaction with vendors and suppliers of services
- Undergraduate degree in CS, MIS, BA or engineering
- 10+ years of experience with data modeling (OLAP, etc…)
- QlikView data modeling and report/dashboard development
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Has strong presentation and collaboration skills and can communicate all aspects of the job requirements
Strong problem solving, time management and organizational skills
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E.,-Houston,-Texas,-77032, United States
Experience Level:-Experienced Hire-
Job Family:-Information Technology-
Product Service Line:-Information Technology--
Full Time / Part Time:-Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:-
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton is ranked Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more more here: http://www.rigzone.com/idealemployer