Skills: Operations Management
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Houston, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Brief Posting Description
We are currently sourcing an Operations Technical Professional to join our team in Houston, TX.
This position will report directly to the Operations Technical Manager.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
The successful candidate will contribute to the efficient delivery of Operations Projects assigned to the full satisfaction of both the client and the Operational Management Solutions business. These are some of the key responsibilities involved in this role:
- Provide oil & gas production operations expertise to all projects
- Develop technical deliverables (documentation) to ensure compliance with project requirements – based on templates agreed and approved by Client. Typically, this requires development of Operating Manuals and Procedures for equipment.
- Advise the Senior Operations Technical Professional or Operations Technical Manager on projected technical issues, constraints, and/or any potential shortfalls
- Ensure project deliverables comply with agreed company policies and standards
- Support the preparation of bids / tenders / quotations as required
- Ensure all deliverables are met within the project allocated timeline and development man-hours
- Liaise with clients for technical clarifications in relation to operations project work scope
- Support the Senior Operations Technical Professional in the provision of data for project progress reports
- Provide guidance and advice to peers on Production and Technical issues
- Attend client technical meetings (as required)
- Protect and enhance the company reputation
These are the minimum qualifications the superstar candidate will need to gain employment with Wood:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but not required.
- 7 years of experience in the Instrumentation and Electrical arena with 5 years in Oil & Gas Production/Operations
- Strong understanding of Operations and Maintenance practices
- Proficient in reading and understanding technical documentation (P&ID’s,C&E, PFDs)
- Hands-on experience in Operations and Maintenance is required
- Strong Technical Writing Skills Experience is required
- Understanding of Upstream,Midstream, and Downstream Industry and its associated equipment and processesis required
The Company embraces diversity in our workforce, ensuring we have a workforce that provides us with a wide range of skills, ideas and energy. Embracing diversity means the Company will acknowledge, understand and appreciate the differences between individuals in developing a workplace that develops, benefits and enhances their value.
Selection for employment, promotion or any other benefit will be made on the basis of merit, ability and suitability.
How To Apply
Please quote job reference IRC143076 in all correspondence relating to this position.
To be considered, please follow the prompts within the system – applications via email will not be considered.
If you do not meet the requirements for this position as specified at screening stage, you will receive a notification via email. We would like to thank you for your application and interest in Wood.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.