Louisiana, TX, US
Louisiana, TX, US
Skills: Electrical Technician, Field Comm / SCADA, Instrumentation Technician
Other Skills: SCADA, PLC, Programmer, Instrumentation, Calibration, Measurement
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
Location: Louisiana, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Sirius Technologies is a leading provider of comprehensive technical services and products. With over 40 years experience with Automation & Controls, Electrical & Instrumentation, Measurement and Power Generation services, you can be assured of the highest level of service and support.
At Sirius, we strive to provide a total solution to meet every one of our customers' technical needs. Founded in 2005, Sirius has rapidly grown to fifteen locations in the Gulf of Mexico, along with multiple locations on land. The technical skills of our employees, combined with our diverse products and services, solve our customers' greatest challenges.
At Sirius, we are looking for dedicated employees. We take pride in being a customer centric organization where safety and ethics are a focus. We work with our employees to help them accomplish their professional goals by providing them with challenging and meaningful work in an environment where they will continuously learn. We are a rapidly growing organization with endless potential for career growth.
SCADA Technician/Programmer Duties and Responsibilities:
Sirius Technologies has openings for a SCADA Technician/Programmer to expand our efforts in the Gulf of Mexico. The candidate will be responsible for interfacing and communicating with customers on ongoing Automation & Controls needs. The ideal candidate would be a self-starter, reliable, demonstrate a desire to learn and is capable of adapting quickly across job functions and responsibilities. We are looking for a candidate that wants to grow and advance within our business.
Candidate will be responsible for implementing and maintaining all phases of electronic measurement, and measurement control equipment including the operation and maintenance of all production related facilities. This includes Programmable Logic Controllers, RTUs, VFDs, Electronic Instrumentation,, Computer Equipment & other communications hardware and software components. This is a journey-level position. Working conditions include carrying light weight objects.
Examples of Duties:
• Repairs, and maintains Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), HMI software & other communications hardware and software components in compliance with electrical codes, standards, and regulations.
• Operates a variety of instrument testing equipment in locating and determining types of instrument and PLC or computer malfunctions,
• Studies plans, drawings, specifications, and work orders to determine work requirement and sequence of repairs and/or installations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of the tools, equipment, and materials common to the SCADA trade.
• Knowledge of applicable codes, standards, and regulations.
• Skill in the repair and maintenance of all types of SCADA components.
• Skill in both verbal and written communication, including use of email client software.
• Skill in Microsoft Windows applications, including Microsoft Office and Visio.
• Skill in manufacturers' automation programming software such as RSLogix, RSView, GE FANUC Machine Edition, Wonderware, and Intellution.
Five (5) years of progressively responsible journey level SCADA experience; OR, Completion of a four-year federally approved technical training program in electrical repair and maintenance and two (2) years SCADA experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Sirius Technologies provides ongoing hands-on equipment training and personal development plans.
Website (for more information):