Skills: IT - Software Development, Engineering Manager
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chandigarh, India
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
This position will manage a team of Application Software Engineers, Software Test Engineers and Control Engineers to develop and test software & hardware for control systems for various products. S/he will be responsible for delivering Software engineering services on time with high quality by ensuring the processes are followed by the Team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Effectively manage software application development / module development or enhancement, control systems development and testing requests from multiple Business Units from start to completion.
- Manage a team of application software engineers engaged in implementing, developing, testing, supporting and installing our Linux based Autonomous Guided Vehicle software suite (both on a SCADA level and on an embedded/vehicle level).
- Manage a team of C++ Test Developers engaged in development of automated and manual tests for Remotly Operated Vehicle's (ROV) control system software.
- Manage a team of Control Engineers engaged in providing Industrialized Solutions (Rockwell PLCs) to different products and sevices business with industrial certified safety and connectivity to Big Data.
- Develop / run software for given hardware platform to test proof of concepts (PoC) ideas using appropriate tool.
- Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Develop project plan, resource requirement, identify project tasks and translate into detailed schedule to meet project objectives.
- Work with Senior manager and recruitment team to ensure availability of required resources.
- Ensure completeness & correctness of Functional Requirements, Test Scenarios, Design Reports etc. created by the team / peers.
- Lead the Team by mentoring, guiding & coaching the team members. Create and Implement best practices for the Team.
- Ensure the quality of deliverables and maintain quality records. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Ensure quality of service and resource utilization through measuring and monitoring key performance indicators (KPI's)
- Help compile group metrics and drive more productivity and reduce average cycle time of current processes.
- Ensure the entry in Lesson Learned log after completion of each project by the team.
- Review and manage the Projects regularly for scope, budget and schedules plus related risk with best individual and team effort.
- Ensure for proper tracking & maintenance of projects by proper Change Management Practices for correct billing for respective Projects.
- Assist Senior Manager in Capacity planning, budget preparation etc.
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal and external clients and understand client needs. Stay current on technical, industry trends and best practices
- Prepare & conduct functional training, provide functional guidance to own and other disciplines
- Carry out associated administrative duty for the direct reportee viz. probation review, conducting appraisal, conducting interviews for recruitment, exit interview, leave approval, expense approval etc.
- Prepare Competency Matrix for the team and keep it up to date by reviewing it half yearly. Work towards improving the competency Level of the team.
- Approve Time entry for Team Leads in Primavera P6 and review the accuracy of Time sheets for billing purpose.
- Promote team spirit, open & transparent work culture.
- Work towards establishing Operational Excellence at ODC. Support Quality Management System implementation at ODC and drive Continuous Improvement process.
- Carry out additional duties as assigned
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Graduation (Bachelor degree) in Computer Science / Automation & Control Engineering with minimum 10 years of relevant industry experience. Managing/Leading a team for at least 2 years is a must.
- Experience with writing requirements, design documentation, and test cases
- Experience with C, C++ (C++11 or newer a plus), OOAD & Linux OS.
- Hands on Experience with code quality tools.
- Designing and understanding software architectures and application layers.
- Well versed with managing teams for writing test plans and test cases document and exposure to test management tools.
- Experience with software maturity models and agile software development methodologies essential.
- Hands on experience on project management tools.
- Experience with issue tracking systems. Specific experience with Jira is a plus;
- Experience with versions control systems. Specific experience with Subversion is a plus;
- Working knowledge of electronic and electromechanical devices such as analog inputs and outputs, quadrature encodes, relays, solenoids, proximity sensors, emulators etc.;
- Exposure of Control Guard Logix, Compact Guard Logix, Point IO, Panelview, Powerflex Motion Drives, Stratix Switches, Studio 5000, Factory Talk View, OSISoft-PI, OPC, CIP, CIP Motion, CIP Safety and various industry standards in safety and high performance HMI is a plus.
- Familiarity with Program management / Project management including exposure with Microsoft Project Management / Primavera P6 is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
- Self motivated, confident and passionate
- Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Able to make decisions in conflicting situation
- Should be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Able to manage a wide variety of discrete functions and services
- Able to set priorities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported