Skills: Budget / Cost Control, HR - General, Planner / Scheduler, PR / Corporate Communications, Project Management, Supply & Distribution
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Salary: $60,000 - $80,000 depending on experience
Location: Grand Prairie, TX, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Based in the Dallas – Fort Worth metro-plex, Can-Fer Utility Services, LLC is a Quanta Services company ideally suited with sufficient resources, made up of 6 groups: Electrical, Gas, Foundations, Substation and Directional Drilling.
Can-Fer is building a solid foundation for a brighter future. We are fortunate to have the type of employees who strive for a safe work environment, excellence in the final work product and are proud of their accomplishments. Extra effort is a scarce commodity and with it, industry standards are set and the level of service rises even higher.
Our united goal is to exceed our customer's expectations and take our quality of service to the next level. Our mantra includes listening to our clients, getting the job done right the first time and on time. This attitude, which is present throughout our organization, allows us to exceed customer expectations with superior results.
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Grand Prairie, TXSUMMARY:
The Project Manager is responsible for overseeing projects from planning through completion and ensuring client satisfaction by delivering unparalleled service. Provides overall project management support for several small to medium projects or on one very large project supporting senior project management.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- MUST have Transmission and Distribution experience.
- Provide initial client contact to assess scope of work, schedule and resources necessary to successfully complete a project.
- Plan and organize a project under the directions of a Sr. Project Manager or Division Manager.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (progress billing, income/expenses rental equipment) with respect to the budget and schedule impacts.
- Represent the company in project meetings.
- Prepare monthly costing reports under the supervision of a senior Project Manager or Division Manager.
- Experience with Project Management from cradel to grave is a plus
- Prepare and monitor all change orders on the project. Negotiate all change orders on the project with client.
- Prepare daily and weekly progress reports by monitoring construction activities in conjunction with the onsite Superintendent.
- Duties and responsibilities listed are general in nature and SOW. Other duties may be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
- Approximately 20% – 50% travel
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating policies and procedures.
- Ability to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance.
- Effective performance management skills.
- Extensive knowledge of safety protocols and procedures.
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc).
- Proficient in Microsoft Projects and Primavera scheduling software is preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player.
- Must interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients and others.
Salary Range: $60,000 - $80,000 depending on experience
- General Office Environment with some job site visits
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasionally lifting of up to 50 lbs.
Quanta Services safely provides engineering, procurement and construction services for comprehensive infrastructure needs in the electric power and oil and natural gas industries. With a workforce tens of thousands strong and offices across North America and abroad, Quanta is the premier provider in the industries it serves. Through a team of electric power and oil and gas service companies, Quanta Services is the complete solution.