Houston, TX, US
Houston, TX, US
Skills: Cartography / Mapping, Design Engineer, Software Specialist
Other Skills: Field Development, Drilling Engineering
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Phoenix Technology Services USA Inc. is a progressive and innovative Directional Drilling Company. Driven by our client's needs, we are committed to providing more efficient and cost-effective drilling operations. We have an opening for a Well Planner based out of our Houston, TX location. Reporting to the Well Planner Supervisor, the Well Planner provides technical information and support to marketing personnel in the form of initial well plans, plots and completion reports used in quoting on and planning directional and horizontal drilling services. This individual generates a plan view and graphical presentation of the directional profile.
- Develop initial well plans for quotes to customers by inputting geological, geographical and drilling target data into well planning software.
- Build plans and plots based on customer-supplied parameters and department database and forward to Sales Representatives and Operations department for use by field personnel in performing directional and horizontal drilling services.
- Create anti-collision reports and monitor center-to-center distances as well as separation factors for real-time close-approach drilling situations.
- Prepare morning surveys and updates, distribute to client representatives, marketing representatives, and Operations Coordinators.
- Perform a feedback service for field personnel, for the purpose of addressing down-hole issues and problems as they develop.
- Periodically assist Technical Marketing Representatives in addressing technical issues raised by potential and existing customers.
- Receive well completion data from field personnel, generate completion reports and drawings with end of well reports and submit to Technical Marketing Representatives.
- Continuously build the Company's internal job information database as a tool for future initial well planning and plotting.
- Maintain a computerized backup system to ensure information can be retrieved.
- Update customers based on the customer's information needs through fax or e-mail as to the status of drilling operations; respond to customer queries as required.
- Maintain a 24/7 on-call schedule.
The successful candidate must be detail oriented with solid organization and communication skills, strong computer skills and is proficient in MS Office. Well planning experience and a technical or mathematical degree is preferred.