Skills: Maintenance Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Technologist - Maintenance located in Bangkok, Thailand with requsition ID 212803
Position Close Date: Friday 18 May 2018.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Support and assist Reliability Engineers and Maintenance Analysis Supervisor to deliver and achieve the business unit goals/ objectives, Centralized Maintenance key performance indicators / maintenance strategy in a safe, efficient and reliable manner
- Support and assist Reliability Engineers for specific SERIP process/sub processes in or der to align with the maintenance strategy
- Able to conduct, facilitate and administrate the simple Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process for reliability incidents in accordance with the Incident Investigation and Reporting (II&R) process.
- Able to identify the bad actors and worst actors for each facilities and working closely with SMEs in centralized maintenance teams to provide the verifications, solutions, correction, and mitigation actions according to WIR/SERIP process
- Adhere to and ensure the safety standard and Company OE HES expectation are met or exceeded
- Provide the daily, weekly and/or monthly reports as per the requirement of new CMO model
- Engineering educational background
- Minimum 1 year experience operations and maintenance in oil and Gas business
- Knowledge and experience in conducting and facilitating RCA/WIR is advantage
- Able to facilitate the RCA investigation with various team members/parties/other key stake holders
- Good attitude, enthusiasm, creative and diligence
- Demonstrated leadership behaviors
- Seek for continuous improvement in working process, able to challenge existing states and/or processes and understand trade-off
- Possess good service mind to support key customers and business partners
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, well collaborating with others.
- Good in spoken and written English
- Strong interpersonal skills
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.