Skills: Design Engineer, Engineering Manager
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chandigarh, India
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Study inputs available (drawings, cad models, technical documents) for a product / design
- Evaluate customer inquiries & specifications and study all inputs available for a product or engineering scope
- Design equipment to match specifications; includes concept creation, detailed design, design calculations, manufacturing drawings, bill of materials and product related technical documents
- Establish design approach, estimate time for execution and schedule the activities
- Refine and improve product designs by evaluating current designs and developing new solutions
- Interpret & use industry codes & standards relevant to product being designed
- Perform tolerance stack-up analysis of moderate complexity problems
- Review design specifications, test procedures, etc. Created by other engineers
- Review models, drawings & calculation reports created by other engineers
- Handle the engineering changes and new releases in plm/pdm systems
- Understand and comply to established engineering processes
- Monitor & record performance/health parameters related to project assigned, take corrective actions in case of any anomaly observed, define/implement preventive action plan
- Communicate regular progress updates to customer
- Ascertain engineering deliveries with required quality, within schedule
- Participate in design reviews with internal customer
- Resolve technical queries raised by customers or third party reviewers, assist design approval process
- Prepare design process documents
- Contribute to improving existing Engineering processes
- Demonstrates high level of initiative to accomplish individual objectives assigned as well as team goals
- Should be open to travel as per business needs
- Work towards individual goals aligned with department and organizational objectives
- Comply to organizational HR policies and procedures
- Understand and adhere to organizational HSE policies and practices.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Assistant Manager - Design.
- Post Graduation (Master degree) in Mechanical Engineering; - OR -
Graduation (Bachelor degree) in Mechanical Engineering with minimum two years of relevant industry experience
- Intermediate to Expert level user of Solidworks and PLM/PDM software
- Basic knowledge of AutoCAD & any calculations software
- Familiarity with Mechanical industry codes/standards (e.g.; ASME, DNV, API, AISC etc.)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
An individual should demonstrate following competencies & qualities to be able to perform this role successfully:
- Communication skills
- Teamwork & Interpersonal skills
- Analytical, problem solving & decision making skills.
- Organizing & planning skills
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, relocation support and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering develops products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. The company is the world's largest manufacturer and operator of work class Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs) and is also a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, workover control systems, asset integrity services, umbilicals, subsea hardware and tooling. Oceaneering also serves the aerospace, defense and theme park industries.