Skills: Floorhand / Roughneck, Motorman, Roustabout
Other Skills: Solids Control, Closed Loop
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Competitive Hourly Pay
Location: United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Job Title: Solids Control Technician / Operator
Department: Solids Control
Reports To: TBD
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Position Summary: The Solids Control Technician / Operator will operate and maintain solids control equipment (centrifuge, drying shakers, desanders, desilters, etc.) and other heavy equipment (trackhoe / backhoe) on an oilfield location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Maintain valid driver's license, must have reliable transportation and be able to travel throughout the United States
• Required to work long shifts, nights, weekends and holidays
• Pass annual and random drug test(s)
• Maintaining and operating solids control equipment as per customer specifications (centrifuge, drying shakers, desanders, desilters, etc.)
• Troubleshoot and repair of equipment
• Assisting with the rigging up and rigging down of solids control equipment
• Maintain accurate service logs, customer paperwork and safety documents as per customers' specifications
• Ability to travel to various site locations including interstate travel; availability to work on-call on a scheduled basis
• Stay on client's location as scheduled to ensure solids control equipment functions properly
• Oversee the mechanical / electrical processes which are commonly utilized with solids control equipment and processes
• Operate the equipment according to specifications as directed by the Mud Engineer, Drilling Supervisor and/or the DWM Manager
• Travel to rig site locations for setting-up, tearing-down, monitoring and maintaining centrifuges and centrifuge related equipment
• Represent DWM Consulting, or DWM Consulting's Client, while working closely with both Drilling Contractor and Operator
• Perform pre and post job equipment inspections, complete preventative maintenance procedures and operate equipment as per customers' standards
• Assemble and prepare equipment for installation and service
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment
• Perform all work in accordance with client established quality standards and safety procedures
• Ability to react professionally and efficiently based on Customer needs
• Demonstrate Safe & Professional Work Practices at all times
• Able to remain alert during long hours of work (regularly 12 - 13 hours shifts in a variety of weather conditions) and while driving
• Maintain all critical paperwork as required for Safety, Billings, Quality Assurance and Inventory Control
• Deal professionally and efficiently with difficult and varied personalities of crew, Company Man and other site personnel
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Cooperation - Displays positive outlook and pleasant manner. Establishes and maintains effective relations. Exhibits tact and consideration. Offers assistance and support to co-workers. Works actively to resolve conflicts. Works cooperatively in group situations.
- Dependability - Commits to doing the best job possible. Follows instruction. Keeps commitments. Meets attendance and punctuality guidelines. Responds to requests for service and assistance. Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge. Displays understanding of how job relates to others. Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills. Keeps abreast of current developments.
Requires minimal supervision. Uses resources effectively.
- Quality - Applies feedback to improve performance. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Displays commitment to excellence. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Achieves established goals. Completes work in timely manner. Meets productivity standards. Strives to increase productivity. Works quickly.
- Safety & Security - Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines. Observes safety and security procedures. Reports potentially unsafe conditions. Uses equipment and materials properly.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum 90 days Rig experience with knowledge of solids control equipment.
Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Write routine reports and correspondence. Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
Add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Compute rate, ratio and percent, and draw and interpret bar graphs.
Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient using Microsoft Office Computer Software (Word, Excel and Outlook)
Certificates and Licenses:
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; outdoor weather conditions and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places and toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; expansive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly of fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operating machines such as lathes, drill presses, power saws and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm's reach; performing mechanical or skilled trades tasks of a non-repetitive nature such as carpenters, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc.
The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor
DWM Consulting is a leading oil and gas workforce solution provider specialized in providing highly skilled and experienced Employees, with numerous different industry specific disciplines, to our clients.
We have a proven track record and are successful in working with our clients in order to bridge the gap between headcount and/or time restrictions and labor needs.