Skills: Mud Engineer / Drilling Fluids, Well Control
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Competitive pay based on experience
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Job Title: Drilling Fluids / Mud Engineer
Department: Drilling Fluids
FLSA Status: Non-exempt, Eligible for Over Time
Position Summary: The Drilling Fluids Engineer will be responsible for the execution of drilling fluids activities at the wellsite in a professional and organized manner. Supporting drilling activities at various sites, and required to determine clients' fluid parameters and requirements, establish effective relationships with rig site personnel and ensure all daily reports are correctly completed and distributed to the proper personnel as directed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
• Maintain valid driver's license and must be able to travel throughout United States
• Required to work long shifts, nights, weekends and holidays
• Pass pre-employment and random drug test(s) including 90 day follicle testing
• Perform drilling fluids testing to ensure that the drilling fluid complies with the mud program and Customer's specifications
• Complete a daily Mud Report and submit to personnel as directed
• Maintain an accurate rig site inventory, drilling fluid cost and order new products to site as needed
• Communicate efficiently and professionally with customer and company personnel
• Notify Drilling Fluid Supervisor of any deviation from planned program
• Coordinate product transfers from well-to-well and/or rig-to-rig
• Comply with all safety regulations at all times; immediately report any infractions
• Coordinate and supervise all drilling fluid transfers
• Supervise product mixing to ensure proper procedures are followed
• Check all product deliveries to ensure proper quantities are reported & delivered
• Check all fluid deliveries to location to ensure it is the proper quantity and is to spec
• Effectively and efficiently monitor and/or work with onsite solids control operations to ensure proper performance of the drilling fluid
• Able to remain alert during long hours of work (regularly 12 - 13 hours shifts in a variety of weather conditions) and while driving
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Cooperation - Displays positive outlook and pleasant manner. Establishes and maintains effective relations. Exhibits tact and consideration. Offers assistance and support to co-workers. Works actively to resolve conflicts. Works cooperatively in group situations.
- Dependability - Commits to doing the best job possible. Follows instruction. Keeps commitments. Meets attendance and punctuality guidelines. Responds to requests for service and assistance. Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge. Displays understanding of how job relates to others. Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills. Keeps abreast of current developments. Requires minimal supervision. Uses resources effectively.
- Quality - Applies feedback to improve performance. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Displays commitment to excellence. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Achieves established goals. Completes work in timely manner. Meets productivity standards. Strives to increase productivity. Works quickly.
- Safety & Security - Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines. Observes safety and security procedures. Reports potentially unsafe conditions. Uses equipment and materials properly.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or four or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Two years verifiable Fluids Engineer experience and solid knowledge and understanding of oilfield practices and procedures
Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Write routine reports and correspondence. Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
Add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Compute rate, ratio and percent, and draw and interpret bar graphs as needed.
Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient using Microsoft Office Computer Software (Word, Excel and Outlook)
Certificates and Licenses:
Accredited Mud School certificate
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts;fumes or airborne particles;outdoor weather conditions and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places and toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; expansive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly of fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operating machines such as lathes, drill presses, power saws and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm's reach; performing mechanical or skilled trades tasks of a non-repetitive nature such as carpenters, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc.
The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
DWM Consulting is a leading oil and gas workforce solution provider specialized in providing highly skilled and experienced Employees, with numerous different industry specific disciplines, to our clients.
We have a proven track record and are successful in working with our clients in order to bridge the gap between headcount and/or time restrictions and labor needs.