Skills: Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Lloydminster, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeing an Engineering / Branch Manager for our Lloydminster office. The ideal candidate will be capable of overseeing a group of engineers and technologists, and ensuring delivering of geotechnical, materials testing and environmental management services to local industry.
Reporting to the Office Manager for Northern Alberta, the Engineering / Branch Manager will be responsible for the operational management and long-term development of the team, clients and related business development, oversight on technical quality, and delivery on projects. These responsibilities will be delivered within a framework that manages risks and prioritizes safety.
We are seeking an individual with a strong operational background and excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will have the ability to thrive in a dynamic, challenging environment and provide sound leadership. S/he will be a key player in the organization, and having input in the overall direction of the Lloydminster office.
- Provide leadership and oversee the office, and ensure consistently high quality deliverables which satisfy client expectations
- Build, mentor and maintain a high level of team performance
- Lead business development with new and existing clients, establish and maintain client relationships
- Develop and implement new business and marketing goals
- Prioritize project workloads and the management of internal resources
- Effectively communicate, reinforce and model company policies and procedures
- Effectively communicate with staff, clients and management
- Lead and provide oversight to multi-disciplinary project teams, in order to deliver high quality projects on time and within budget
- Participate in marketing efforts; prepare and present technical proposals
- Participate in the scientific analysis/preparation or review of technical reports
- Provide Safety Leadership
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Geotechnical or Civil engineering (or equivalent); Advanced degree is highly desirable
- Currently registered or immediately eligible for registration with APEGA and APEGS
- A minimum of 8-10 years’ relevant experience in the consulting sector
- Demonstrated ability to manage operations and develop a team internally
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain client relationships
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, management and leadership qualities
- Project management experience in a consulting environment, including ability with: project budgeting, cost forecasting
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Demonstrated business management capabilities
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.