Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Basel, Switzerland
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Lead Bio-Pharmaceutical Process Engineer to be based in our Basel office in Switzerland. This will be a permanent position to work within our Process Engineering department to support a number of projects in the pharmaceutical engineering sectors in this location. The projects will range in value from EUR 5,000 up to EUR 400m.
- Carry out Process Design of bio-pharmaceutical plants according to GMP, developing user requirements, layouts, mass and energy balances, functional sizing of equipment, flow-sheets (P&IDs) and functional specifications
- Process coordination during design from conceptual design to plant commissioning and validation
- Leadership, interest and orientation and coordination of teams working on projects, with specific focus on result orientation, inter-personal relationship, critical sense and entrepreneurial spirit
- Knowledge of problems and functional / mechanical characteristics of process / process support equipment for chemical and pharmaceutical industry
- Knowledge or interest to go deeper into technologies / equipment of healthcare / life science technologies or equipment
- Attitude to development of innovative competences like:
- Vaccines, anti-cancer, orphan drug products
- Continuous processing
- Industrial techniques for micro-organism manipulation, growth and containment
- Molecular purification techniques of process / utilities fluids
- Knowledge in disposable technologies
- Process simulation
- Lead health and safety practices within the working environment and in the design process, with a willingness to contribute to maintain the highest of standard
- Contribute to producing deliverables and undertaking activities. The work will be based on a schedule and will require understanding, control and reporting of quality and man hours spend
- Produce deliverables and executing activities according to standards, specifications and procedures
- Contribute and participate to work in an enthusiastic manner, working to the requirements of quality and environmental management systems
- Contribute to the identification and control of change
Skills / Qualifications
- Fluency in the German and English language is a must, whilst French or any other language is an asset
- University degree
- More than 10 years experience in executing bioprocess engineering for the pharmaceutical industry in leading functions
- Experience in the execution of engineering for chemical synthesis and fill-finish projects according to GMP for parenteral production an asset
- Significant years working in this sector, including experience in leading teams of junior and senior engineerss
- Knowledge of microbiological and tissue cell elements is preferred
- Ability to successfully interface directly with client personnel
- Knowledge and experience in Business Development would be highly beneficial
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.