Skills: Engineering Manager
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Warrington, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting for NDT Validation Consultants to carry out inspection qualification activities in support of nuclear industry contracts. Detailed knowledge and experience of automated UT inspection techniques is required, together with experience of reviewing technical justification documents to ensure fitness for purpose.
- Able to complete standard inspection qualification tasks according to procedures without supervision
- To prepare, review, comment and take the appropriate action regarding specifications, drawings and other documentation associated with the design and procurement of test pieces
- To prepare, review, comment and take appropriate action regarding manufacturing and inspection documentation associated with qualification test pieces
- Carry out or assist with internal and external audits
- To assess and validate implementation of inspection procedures at customer manufacturing locations both within the UK and overseas
- Responsible for monitoring the security of information at contractors’ works
- To have a full understanding of the project requirements in detail by liaison with the appropriate responsible engineer
- Provision of status and progress reports on a regular basis
- Ensure that site and receipt inspection activities are carried out satisfactorily
- Liaison with other associated departments/organisations both within and outside Amec Foster Wheeler
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree or HNC in Engineering/ Science and/or Corporate Membership of a Professional Institution; alternatively experience and training of equivalent value would be considered
- PCN qualifications in UT techniques at level 2 as a minimum and preferably at level 3
- Producing qualification procedures in line with a standard ENIQ qualification similar to those generated for similar components
- Providing comments on inspection procedures and technical justifications (TJs) produced by third parties
- Witnessing and invigilating procedure and/or personnel qualification trials applying approved company procedures
- Arranging trial schedule
- Design of standard test pieces to meet the requirements of the qualification procedure
- Production of standard inspection procedures (manual or automated)
- Assessment of results from receipt inspection against test piece specification
- Assessment of model results presented in TJs and for inspection design
- Provide guidance and clarification to staff operating standard processes and techniques
- Energy, enthusiasm and good communication skills
- Proficient in the preparation of clear and concise written technical reports
- Willingness and ability to travel with the possibility of extended periods away from home both in the UK and abroad
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked among Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings. Find out more here.