Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Construction Engineer
Other Skills: Pressure Vessels
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: 77087, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
- Requires a minimum of five (5) years experience in Mechanical or Piping Design or related functional area (or equivalent working knowledge/experience).? This includes considerable experience in utilizing various computer software packages and automated engineering and design equipment.. ?
- Responsibilities include reverse engineering evaluations of equipment per API 510 and client guidelines.?
- Specific design experience in large heavy wall, high temperature and/or alloy material pressure vessels and columns is desired. Knowledge of heat exchangers and related equipment is a plus. ?
- Working knowledge of Compress, PV Elite and CodeCalc and AutoCAD computer programs is required along with familiarity with the ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel codes, along with API and ANSI codes. ?
- P.E. and shop experience is desirable.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:?
- Meets with clients? technical staff to discuss technical information and features.
- Prepares sketches and performs calculations for a detailed segment of a project.
- Conducts field trips to existing plants to gather operating data and equipment information.?
- Prepares equipment specifications, inquiry and purchase requisitions for approval.
- Evaluates vendors' bids and drawings to assure compliance with specifications.
- Communicates equipment design to client and other design disciplines.
- Reviews and approves design drawings for assigned segment of a project.
- Participates in reviews of PFD's and P&ID's.
- Participates in the preparation of equipment lists, piping line lists and specialty item lists.
- Monitors subcontracted technical services' activities.
- Participates in preparation of design guides, guide specifications and contract proposals.
- Participates in plant Start-ups.
The position requires a BSME or MSME degree or equivalent education. ?P.E. and shop experience is desirable.
May provide limited technical guidance for less experienced drafting or design personnel.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.? Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.? Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of clients, managers, designers and engineers.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.? Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Occasionally may conduct or participate in a field trip to an operating plant or construction site.? This requires normal hearing, the ability to stand, walk, reach, climb and balance, clear close and distance vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.? Lifting up to 25 pounds may be required.
Normal work environment will be a business office with moderate noise.? Occasionally may visit or be temporarily assigned to work in an operating plant or at a construction site.? This may require exposure to outdoor weather conditions, loud noise, work near moving mechanical parts, electrical energy, construction equipment, vibration, fumes, chemicals and airborne particles.