Around the globe, we help cities and industries manage, optimize and make the most of their resources. We provide an array of solutions related to water, energy and materials to promote a cleaner more sustainable world for all of us.
The collective expertise and passion of our people, combined with a broad portfolio of over 10,000 technologies, makes us uniquely positioned to deliver solutions that positively impact the environment. Come be part of something special - start your journey today!
As a Field Service Engineer, you will be working with the Water Technologies and Solutions (WTS) team. In this role, you will safely provide commissioning and aftermarket support to a diverse and widespread group of industrial and municipal customers primarily focused on our ultrafiltration (UF) product line, and a variety of specialized water treatment equipment. What you will be responsible for:
What will you bring to the table (Skills/Experience Required):
- Review customer plant installations and compare against WTS reference drawings (P&IDs, electrical schematics, general arrangement, etc.)
- Monitor equipment performance and operation. Make necessary operational changes.
- Conduct maintenance and calibration activities on various treatment plant instrumentation.
- Perform analytical testing such as: turbidity, hardness, chlorine, pH, CO2, O2, SDI, TOC, in addition to various other site-specific testing requirements.
- Carry out mechanical, electrical, process and controls troubleshooting on equipment such as valves, air compressors, ejectors pumps, blowers, instrumentation, and automation hardware.
- Perform installation & maintenance activities on various UF membrane configurations.
- Perform repair activities on various UF membranes.
- Provide customers with informal training around operation and maintenance of their system.
- Provide customers with detailed technical summaries of work performed during service visits.
- Extensive travel to sites in the U.S. and Canada.
- Bachelor's degree or Associate degree in Science/Engineering (STEM) or technical certificate in Instrumentation, Controls or programming and/or water treatment equipment including ultrafiltration and/or membrane bioreactors
- 2+ years' experience of service/maintenance or equivalent in an industrial environment.
- Working experience with PLC control systems, PLC programming and troubleshooting is preferred
Why do people love working here?
- Ability to travel extensively (70%-80% of the year), within North America.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and remotely with project teams.
- Ability to meet all customer site requirements.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50lbs.
- Valid Driver's License.
Hear what current Field Service Rep's are saying
- Recognition and rewards for your hard work and achievements!
- Opportunity for new challenges - We're growing and love to promote from within!
- Competitive pay, benefits (including company matched 401k), paid training, and time off!
- An excellent leadership team and a collaborative culture where you'll be part of something special!
"One of the reasons I like working for WTS is the "resource revolution". It is a good thing to work for a company that contributes to environmental stewardship. Training is another reason working for WTS is beneficial. And, the people. Lots of people that are willing to assist. ~Stephen
"When I first got hired on what I loved was the sheer amount there is to learn. Also, at least in BOO we have a very flexible schedule. This is a career, and there is more than one way to succeed and move forward. If you're someone who wants to get challenged to learn and work around people who knowledgeable in their craft than this is the place for you." ~Daniel
"The best part of my job would be flexibility with hours most days. I enjoy the work with my manager and other FSR's also. They are usually willing to help resolving site concerns and supporting decisions when it comes to customer dealings." ~Ryan
At WTS, we realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results, and build stronger communities. We're an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every rung of the ladder and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Because our people are our greatest assets, we also offer competitive benefits that include:
- Health, Dental & Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave
401(k) Plan, retirement savings plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- AD&D Insurance
- Disability Insurance
We're an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every level and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace!
To protect our customers, our employees, and their families, we strongly encourage, and in some cases require, successful new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to starting employment unless an exemption is granted as required by law. Upon receiving a conditional offer of employment, disclosure of your vaccine status will be required as permitted by state law. Help us protect each other by protecting yourself.