Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Construction Manager for a client in the Process & Chemicals Business Group . The CM will be based in the Houston, Texas USA office , and immediately travel on assignment to a client in Argentina. Bilingual and fluent in Spanish and English is preferred.
CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT assures the quality and integrity of each project, bringing projects in on schedule and within budget. Using in-house construction management procedures and experience, provide continuity and consistency of construction management with quality assurance and reliable control.
Responsible for management and execution of site-based element of assigned construction project(s) in accordance with the requirements of the contract between the company and the client, and in accordance with the company's operating policies and principles. Responsible for execution of the work in accordance with the quality standards and requirements specified for the project. Manages and controls construction cost and schedule of on site construction. Management of installation and completion activities for hardware, plant and equipment.
Oversees total field construction effort to ensure large project or several smaller projects are constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule. Generally responsible for projects or subset of project with value up to $150M. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Skills / Qualifications Level of Influence
- Executing assigned scopes of work in a timely manner and within Key Performance Indicator(KPI) schedules.
- Responsible for management and execution of site-based element of assigned construction project(s) in accordance with the requirements of the contract between the company and the client, and in accordance with the company's operating policies and principles.
- Responsible for execution of the work in accordance with the quality standards and requirements specified for the project.
- Managing and leading all construction reports to ensure delivery against milestones and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
- Reviewing planned activities for constructability, providing accurate feedback.
- Executing assigned scopes of work as a role model for reports
- Providing technical expertise and guidance on all construction related activities.
- Performance reporting to senior management.
- Set and apply strategic and tactical direction with regard to policy/procedures, work force staffing, and budgeting.
- Ability to monitor work progress and report against the plan.
- Familiar with Advanced Work Packaging methodology
- Experience with pre-fabrication and modularization strategies
- Ensure safety, quality and environmental responsibilities and accountabilities have been defined and communicated to workers engaged within their area(s) of control
- Ensure all workers within their area(s) of control receive appropriate training to perform their work in a safe, legal and competent manner including any Health and Safety and site-specific inductions
- Initiate safety, quality and environmental processes within their area(s) of control, including toolbox meetings, inspections, and the identification, assessment and control of risks in accordance with Wod and client requirements
- Coordinate supply and delivery of equipment, subcontractors, consumables, accommodation and other project-specific requirements, in accordance with client/contract document specifications and in accordance with Wood Policies & Procedures
- Understand and manage the industrial relations environment impacting the site and report any issues as required
- Manages and controls project cost and schedule of assigned discipline / subset of on site construction. Utilise Commercial processes to capture variations effectively
- Accountable for the overall contract construction effort and commissioning strategy; including safety, planning, cost and delivery of all field works on the Contract if they are the most senior manager working on the job.
- Accountable for supervising, organising and co-ordinating head office, site construction and commissioning teams to provide high quality support in accordance with the Contract.
- Works with engineering in the design phases to influence the design for optimum constructability
- Supervises operational delivery of a multidisciplinary team of site construction personnel.
- Typically directly line manages up to 10 people with responsibility for delegation, motivation and performance management etc
- Work is performed under general direction and is reviewed for conformance with policies and general efficiency.
- Receives limited supervision.
- Actions and decisions typically have a significant influence on the medium-term operational and financial results of a project and some influence on the longer-term results. Line management of small team.
- Appropriate level of field construction experience, typically gained through a minimum of 15 years of post-qualification experience in process, chemicals, oil & gas or similar facilities
- Exposure to working within a technical environment.
- Experience of people management in a construction context
- Good standard of general computer literacy
- Well organised, observant, good interpersonal and communication skills
- Written communication skills required to develop documentation, execution plans
- Display both good judgment and leadership qualities
- Ability to work with timelines/targets.
- Ability to be assertive and drive culture change when required.
- Excellent interpersonal organisational, communication and team building skills.
- Role model Wood's values & behaviours
- Physically Fit for duty for working on jobsites, under hot or cold conditions.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.