Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
Technician have the function to lead by example; reporting directly to the Senior technician / Manufacturing Foreman. In order to meet the team objectives and business needs. Technician to highlighting any areas of concern or opportunities to the Senior Technician / Manufacturing Foreman. Technician to ensure that all company standards, policies and procedures are adhered to at all times and that any queries in this regard are reported to the Senior Technician / Manufacturing Foreman so they can be dealt with effectively. In short the company expects all its people to always act in the best interests of our business while taking full account of the needs of our customers and the welfare of our people. The role requires the following over and above any other additional tasks which may be assigned and which are expected to be undertaken in order to meet the business needs. Must be able to perform all tasks safely and help create a safe and appropriate working environment for themselves and all other colleagues including but not limited to demonstrating Oceaneering's Core Values; Safety & the Environment, Teamwork & People, Customer Focus, Excellence, Accountability, Ethics AND Adhering to Oceaneering's Life Saving Rules at all times.
- Technician will ensure that they adhere to all Oceaneering's safety policies & procedures, inclusive of Oceaneering's Life saving rules. Safe Start behaviors will be demonstrated by the Technician and encouraged to the whole team daily. Technician will attend Toolbox Talks daily and ensure any risk assessment is read, understood & signed before commencing any work activity.
- Technician must take ownership of their wellbeing, behaviors and performance and will ensure any change to the process has been covered through the TBT, JSEA , Training & competency programs.
- Technician will take ownership or their task and when standing in for the Senior Supervisor or Manufacturing Foreman will need to take lead in any incident investigation on the process by ensuring that the area is secure to prevent a repeat injury. HS0020 Incident Management Level 3 procedure will be followed effectively and expediently and will include detailed information using the who, where, why, what, when method. When standing in for the Manufacturing Foreman the Senior Technician will be accountable and drive leadership into their team to ensure all facts are gathered during the incident investigation and ensure a full `lessons learned` feedback process takes place and is documented.
- Technician will demonstrate awareness and take accountability of daily performance targets and will be accountable for achieving them, and highlighting any issues that may prevent to the Senior Technician / Manufacturing Foreman.
- Technician will take full ownership of the dedicated of the delegated task to ensure production targets are achieved.
- Technician will take ownership in highlighting to other functions (maintenance, QA, Process Engineering) any issues that will cost downtime.
- Technician will encourage their teams to highlight any improvement areas to improve production schedules.
- Technician will take accountability to ensure all checks are completed prior to start up using the clean sweep and / or Pre process Audit technique to assure product quality.
- Technician will be accountable for full process setup; When Standing in for the Senior Technician / Manufacturing Foreman then Technician will play a leading role in clean sweeps and highlight any issues found to Umbilical Production Manager & Test / Termination Fabrication Manager.
- When standing in for the Senior Technician / Manufacturing Foreman the Technician will take lead in any clean sweep actions through the dedicated team to ensure product quality and efficient set up durations.
- Technician will highlight and help drive with the help of Process Engineering & Manufacturing management any improvements to help product quality.
- Any maintenance issues (break downs, preventive maintenance) will be reported by the Technician directly to maintenance, then inform the Senior Technician / Manufacturing Foreman who will be accountable to manage thorough and followed up on effectively also.
- Technician will be accountable to ensure they complete correctly all data within the production package. Technician will also be accountable to ensure any special instructions within the production package have been communicated to them and understood before starting the task.
- Technician will take accountability to ensure good documentation practice.
- Technician will take accountability and ensure the Production inspection plan is adhered to and ensure they are aware of any client witness or hold points.
- When Standing in for the Senior Technician / Manufacturing Foreman the Technician will ensure all data logging on the process is accurate, complete and documented throughout the shift.
- When standing in for the Senior Technician / Manufacturing Foreman the Technician will take ownership in reporting any non conformances to the QA team. Manufacturing Foreman will follow the escalation process to ensure all Management / Project personnel are informed. Technician to take lead and ensure their teams STOP the process safely and with Quality in mind if required.
- Technician will ensure they assists fully with any QA non conformance investigations to ensure correct problem statements are recorded and such matters dealt with expediently.
- When standing in for the Senior Technician / Manufacturing Foreman the Technician will take ownership of shift handovers using appropriate methods. documentation and communications.
- When standing in for the Senior Technician / Manufacturing Foreman the Technician will drive accountability into their team and up-date Projects Team and Management on progress, all client up-dates on progress will be directed to Project management and documented properly.
- When standing in for the Senior Technician / Manufacturing Foreman the Technician will drive accountability and ownership into their team to ensure sufficient material is brought to the process within the required time-FRAMES, quality and quantity to cover the full shift and the next shift.
- Positive attitude and constructive approach to work including flexibility to work alternative hours and/or shift rotations as and when reasonably required. where possible .Adequate notice will be provided but dependent upon business needs, customer requirements and any constraints applying
- Able to effectively follow guidelines set out by Manufacturing management.
- Able to both work effectively as part of a team and, where required, work using their own initiative.
- Able to engage effectively with other colleagues and stakeholders including other departments and third parties as/when required to meet job requirements
- Able to consistently learn and develop both to meet or exceed the expectations of the current role and embrace future career opportunities within the company when appropriate.
- Effectively work as part of a team of personnel conducting a process within Production safely, on time and to customer specification with no quality defects. To plan and prepare for the process by taking full process ownership, accountability and continual improvement.
- When standing in for the Senior Technician / Manufacturing Foreman the Technician will ensure any issues arising in relation to jobs are dealt with effectively and expediently including seeking the appropriate support from management and other support areas such as HSE and HR as appropriate.
- Technician will take ownership and accountability of housekeeping throughout all production areas that they work in.
- Technician will take ownership and ensure they start, work and leave in a safe clean environment.
- Technician will take ownership and ensure that kits are checked thoroughly and any missing parts are reported straight away before taking kits out of stores.
- Technician will ensure any tools, materials or resources required to complete the task are ready at the process before starting. Any tools that are not required that may cause HSE or product risk are removed and reported to Senior Technician / Manufacturing Foreman.
- Technician will take ownership in ensuring that all unused kit is returned to stores as soon as the task is completed.
- Technician will take part in Engineering Handovers & Design Reviews so any issues can be highlighted early.
- Technician will ensure any breaches in standards, wellbeing matters and/or training requirements for any task they are given are highlighted to Senior Technician / Manufacturing Foreman. When standing in for the Senior Technician / Manufacturing Foreman the Technician will ensure any breaches in standards, wellbeing matters and/or training requirements for any of the team are highlighted to Umbilical Production Manager & Test / Termination Fabrication Manager HR and documented/recorded.
- When standig in for the Senior Technician / Manufacturing Foreman the Technician will take ownership of labour hours within their team. Manufacturing Foreman will ensure all Labour hours are recorded correctly. Allocated PID hours are adhered to and if any deviation is required then this must be reported to Umbilical Production Manager & Test / Termination Fabrication Manager .
- When standing in for the Senior Technician / Manufacturing Foreman the Technician will ensure all required information from Projects is in place before any work has started , QHSE , COST & Schedule adherence information must be in place.
- Technician is required to be hands on helping in the work processes, this may also be within other departments within Oceaneering.
- The technician will be required to help Mentor and Assess current and future personnel.
- The Technician may at times be required to stand in for the Senior Technician / Manufacturing Foreman and carry out the Senior Technician / manufacturing Forman's duties as detailed above.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- Technician position will report directly to the Senior Technician / Manufacturing Foreman. When standing in for the Senior Technician / Manufacturing Foreman position the Technician will report directly to the Umbilical Production Manager & Test / Termination Fabrication Manager
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. where an academic qualification is listed any other achievement or experience of an equivalent nature may be considered. reasonable accommodations, taking account of the business resources and job requirements, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Backgound in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Some knowledge of a Manufacturing background required but not essential
Knowledge , Skills , Abilities and other Characteristics
- Ensure any safety or special instructions are adhered too at all times
- Gives constructive feedback to various departments on any safety or process improvements
- Must fully cooperate in any safety or process related issues.
- Takes lead in any safety or process related issues when standing in for the Manufacturing Foreman
- Must be able to read, understand and follow procedures
- Must be willing to Mentor and Assess current and future personnel
- Must have good I.T. skills and be familiar with Microsoft Excel and Word
This position is considered SHOP/INDOORS & SHOP/OUTDOORS which is characterized as follows:
- Daily tasks may include indoor & outdoor work depending on current work scope
- Occasional exposure to noise levels above 85 decibels , PPE will be a requirement and will be provided
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.