Nabors is a leading provider of advanced technology for the energy industry. With operations in about 20 countries, Nabors has established a global network of people, technology and equipment to deploy solutions that deliver safe, efficient and responsible hydrocarbon production. By leveraging its core competencies, particularly in drilling, engineering, automation, data science and manufacturing, Nabors aims to innovate the future of energy and enable the transition to a lower carbon world.
Nabors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. To learn more about our Fair Employment practices, please refer to the Nabors Code of Conduct.
As a member of the PSC team, the Warehouseperson II will report directly to the Nabors Regional Warehouse Manager. Under minimal supervision, receives inbound material from suppliers and rig/field locations. Stocks received material, pick materials, components and end products and deliver to customer. Perform cycle counts. Prepares component kits for production, fill orders and supplier subcontract parts. May be responsible for contracting and coordinating with freight forwarders to pick up delivery of goods. Mau be responsible for preparing all the necessary paperwork (i.e. bill of lading, shipping paperwork, etc.). Responsible for training new team members. Special projects as assigned. May direct other staff. Handles special projects as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the receipt, storage, usage and return of consumables and capital items in the yard.
- Ensure the storage and handling of any materials in accordance with company policy, manufacturer's recommendations and local legislation.
- Carry out receiving function for materials delivered and unpack and incorporate into inventory.
- Arrange Material Transfers for movement of inventory.
- Monitor the maximum safe storage periods for any items which have prescribed shelf life.
- Ensure all items in inventory are properly stored.
- Provide a controlled environment for the storage, receiving and move out of spares inventory.
- Update the Inventory System daily with added/removed items, manage all transactions and make sure the systems accuracy at all times.
- Label all on hand inventory.
- Complete scheduled monthly inventory counts for Corporate Management.
- Identify non-NIN parts and create NIN requests with supporting documentation.
- Keep the warehouse orderly and tidy.
- Ability to fill-in for Yard Manager in his/her absence.
- Assist Manager in meeting the equipment requirements for the field.
- Deliver tools and equipment safely to field personnel at various rig locations.
- Foster and maintain a professional attitude and teamwork concept with all fellow members in the entire organization.
- Adapt promptly to changing conditions and priorities.
- Ensure safe working environment for employees.
- Work in accordance with Nabors' Safety procedures.
- Perform any additional duties assigned by management.
- Build and maintain strong and trusted relationships throughout the organization.
- Research and resolution to time sensitive issues.
- Identify issues and risks.
- Maintains a complete understanding of and adheres to all Nabors policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. 3 to 4 years related experience.
- Computer proficiency in software applications to include MS Word, Excel (for reporting data and submitting reports) and Outlook.
- Ability to be Forklift / Manlift certified.
- Ability to perform essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Reliable transportation to and from the yard.
- Attention span to stay alert and attentive for up to eight (8) hour shift while performing sometimes repetitive and monotonous tasks.
- Ability to receive verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, twist, and crawl throughout the work shift while wearing Personal Protective Equipment.
- Other duties as required by manager.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while paying close attention to details.
- Willing to work after hours when required to complete urgent requirements.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and ability to learn.
- Ability to see big picture, but also pay strict attention to detail and follow tasks to completion with limited oversight.
- Make decisions that properly reflect company policy.
- Able to drive implementation of policies, procedures and best practices.
- Exercise accountability, excellence, innovation, safety, teamwork and collaboration in your daily activities.
- 3+ years' experience in strategic sourcing, supply chain, procurement or related field.
- Basic understanding of drilling rig equipment.
- Flexibility to solve different types of challenges.
- Results driven, self-starter wi th ability to work with minimal supervision and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to interact with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Must be able to understand the customer needs and specify requirements.
- Excellent ability to work in a team environment.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to establish and maintain good working relationship with team and all levels of management, departments and employees.
- Professionalism; work ethic.
- Technical skills to perform the specific tasks of the Warehouseperson II position.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
Office environment. Able to work off site as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties of the position. The requirements above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and use hands. The employee will need the ability to withstand physical demands of repetitively lifting and carrying up to fifty (50) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision and distance vision.