Senior Quality ManagerNabors Featured Employer
Magnolia, Texas, United States
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further…we are seeking individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable, and ready to work in a fast-paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
Nabors is a leading provider of advanced technology for the energy industry. With operations in about 20 countries, Nabors has established a global network of people, technology and equipment to deploy solutions that deliver safe, efficient and responsible hydrocarbon production. By leveraging its core competencies, particularly in drilling, engineering, automation, data science and manufacturing, Nabors aims to innovate the future of energy and enable the transition to a lower carbon world.
Canrig Drilling Technology provides equipment, tools, services, and software products to global customer base, improving the safety and efficiency and environmental footprint of operations. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding.
The Senior Quality Manager is responsible for ensuring consistent quality, and verifying that all company products and services meet quality standards before they go to market. Maintains and enhances the global quality management system while ensuring the products and services meet all the necessary requirements
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Formulates and maintains quality objectives complementary to corporate policies and goals.
· Oversee, maintain, improve and represent the company's ISO 9001, API Q1 programs and applicable product licenses.
· Develop and/or implement continuous improvement processes and techniques.
· Support efforts to maintain regulatory compliance approvals for hazardous location requirements globally such as IEEE, ATEX, API, CE, NFPA, UL, CSA and other applicable standards.
· Support efforts to maintain third party product requirements globally such as ABS, DNV, API and other applicable standards.
· Support the Design and Development areas of the business in accordance with API Q1, API monogram/product specifications and other business process management standards.
· Support Service and Rentals business in accordance with applicable standards such as the API Q2 requirements.
· Participate in the Vendor approval process through audits and assist partnered vendors in developing QMS systems.
· Oversee and maintain the global corrective/preventative actions program, management reviews and internal audits.
· Oversee and participate in customer, API, and 3rd party audits globally.
· Support product development activities through failure analysis and NCR system.
· Maintains and implements QMS policies and procedures within the organization.
· Play an active role in management teams within the organization.
· Ensures quality records are collected and stored according to documented procedures.
· Responsible to supervise Quality Managers, Failure Analysis, Process Improvement group and Regulatory Compliance Management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor's Degree in Science or Engineering preferred
· 5+ years of experience in a quality management role
· Experience with ISO 9000 and API specifications
· Experience as a Lead Internal and External Quality Auditor
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
· Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
COMPUTER SKILLS should be proficient in the following:
· Manufacturing/inventory software
Spreadsheet, database, and word processing software
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
· Valid Driver's License
· Current Passport
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, works well in a problem-solving situation, uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Oral communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informative; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedbacks; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interest; Able to build moral and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgement; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision making process; Makes timely decisions.
Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows thro ugh on commitments.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit, stand or walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear and smell. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In the performance of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to vibration, risk of electrical shock, wet and humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, heights, fumes and airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, and extreme cold and heat.