Overview / Responsibilities The preferred partner for delivering digitally enabled capital investments with low carbon solutions.
Wood's Projects business unit specialises in delivering predictable and consistent results in high complexity projects that include new technology, challenging construction logistics and, or sheer scale. Just like the nature and expansiveness of our sectors, so is our Projects business, in its solutions, abilities and global track record. Across any major capital project lifecycle, we provide a full suite of solutions from programme and project management, to engineering and design, procurement, construction and project delivery.
Powered by a global team of more than 12,000 people, we deliver some of the world's boldest and most critical projects
in many diverse and evolving sectors, including:
- Upstream / Midstream / Downstream Oil & Gas
- Renewable Energy
- Mining & Minerals
- Industrials & Manufacturing
- Life Sciences
- Government services
Wood is recruiting Principal Process Engineers on a permanent staff basis. The successful candidates will be responsible for development of process designs and driv ing resolution of complex technical issues .
This is an exciting time to join Wood and the Projects Team as we lead the way in Energy Transition. We specialise in energy transition projects including hydrogen and carbon capture storage, circular economy and emerging technologies.
We are seeking people with the following skills:
What we can offer
- Deliver process designs in FEED and EPC projects
- Undertake process design work of units as required and check work on the project as appropriate
- Execute process engineering activities within the budget and schedule, as well as maintaining technical integrity of the designs
- Develop the basis of design, undertake detailed calculations to develop the design and be responsible for the accuracy of these calculations
- Ensure that detail design methods, standards and data used conform with Client's requirements and / or those issued by Wood
- Prepare Process Flow Diagrams, Equipment specifications, Process Descriptions and P&IDs for review and approval
- Ensure a high standard of safety is achieved and Environmental and Quality Assurance procedures are followed
- Perform safety related calculations and provide input to Hazops, SIL and other safety reviews as directed
- Contribute where necessary to review of supplier quotations and reviews of the project 3D CAD model
- Ensure that requirements of Licensor's Secrecy Agreements are known and complied within the work performed
- Participate in technical meetings and handle discussions with client engineers
- Assist as required in the preparation of Operating Manuals
If all of this sounds good to you, review the requirements of the position below, then follow the link to apply and start your journey with Wood. Skills / Qualifications
- Meaningful and interesting projects delivered to leaders of industry across the energy transition, emerging and conventional energy sectors
- A caring team culture; we support each other professionally and personally, encouraging knowledge sharing across all areas of the business
- Energy Transition Academy; join a community of experts sharing your knowledge and gaining more exposure to a variety of existing and emerging energy systems - delivered by experts in their field
- Flexible working arrangements that balance client, team and individual needs offering hybrid and remote working where relevant
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion; we are an organisation actively committed to diversity and inclusion across our business
- Competitive renumeration package with regular reviews to ensure we are rewarding at the right level in line with the market
- Flexible benefits package inclusive of 33 days annual leave (including public holidays),plus the potential for one additional 'flex day' per month. Further benefits include a generous contributory pension scheme, private medical cover, 4x base salary life insurance; all of these and more that can be adapted to suit your own lifestyle
- Commitment to continued professional development; development plans that are tailored to your individual needs and interests
- Global connections ; join experts around the world who are at the leading edge of our industry, shaping the standards of our profession
You may read these details and consider not applying because your knowledge, experience and skills base doesn't fully cover every item listed, and that's understandable. However, we'd still like to hear from you. At Wood, we understand and acknowledge that everyone is different, we are committed to equal opportunities and want to access all the talent that is out there. We are committed to attracting a broad range of skills, knowledge and experiences and embrace differences. So even if you feel you don't have everything listed, but think you have some of the experience, knowledge or skills to help us unlock solutions to the world's most critical challenges and grow your potential....do apply.
- Chemical Engineering Degree
- Chartered Chemical Engineer status (desirable)
- Experience of working on FEED and EPC projects for onshore oil and gas projects , ideally with experience of energy transition project s
- Proven core Process Engineering skills, including design experience
- Skilled in resolution of technical process design issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and good organisational awareness
- Ability to respond to customer needs whilst achieving project and corporate objectives
- Display analytical and innovation skills to manage new technology
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.