Overview / Responsibilities
We are hiring. Instrumentation and Control Engineers for our Projects.
The preferred partner for delivering digitally enabled capital investments with low carbon solutions.
Wood's Projects business unit specialises in delivering predictable and consistent results in high complexity projects that include new technology, challenging construction logistics and, or sheer scale. Just like the nature and expansiveness of our sectors, so is our Projects business, in its solutions, abilities and global track record. Across any major capital project lifecycle, we provide a full suite of solutions from programme and project management, to engineering and design, procurement, construction and project delivery.
Powered by a global team, we deliver some of the world's boldest and most critical projects in many diverse and evolving sectors, including:
- Upstream / Midstream / Downstream Oil & Gas
- Renewable Energy
- Mining & Minerals
- Industrials & Manufacturing
- Life Sciences
- Government services
What we can offer
- Meaningful and interesting projects delivered to leaders of industry across the energy transition, emerging and conventional energy sectors
- A caring team culture; we support each other professionally and personally, encouraging knowledge sharing across all areas of the business
- Energy Transition Academy; join a community of experts sharing your knowledge and gaining more exposure to a variety of existing and emerging energy systems - delivered by experts in their field
- Flexible working arrangements that balance client, team and individual needs offering hybrid and remote working where relevant
- Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion; we are an organisation actively committed to diversity and inclusion across our business
- Competitive renumeration package with regular reviews to ensure we are rewarding at the right level in line with the market
- Flexible benefits package inclusive of 33 days annual leave (including public holidays),plus the potential for one additional 'flex day' per month. Further benefits include a generous contributory pension scheme, private medical cover, 4x base salary life insurance; all of these and more that can be adapted to suit your own lifestyle
- Commitment to continued professional development; development plans that are tailored to your individual needs and interests
- Global connections ; join experts around the world who are at the leading edge of our industry, shaping the standards of our profession
If all of this sounds good to you, review the requirements of the position below, then follow the link to apply and start your journey with Wood.
- Provide realistic and practical technical solutions to operational engineering challenges
- Evaluate existing and new manufacturers in his / her area of expertise for technical competence and compliance
- Perform technical studies in applicable project related technical issues and prepare reports and feedback for presentation to technical and management personnel
- Review engineering and design proposals for large project
- Review and develop engineering and design documentation, including engineering procedures, standards, and specifications (FEED)
- Experience on HAZOP / SIL assignment and knowledgeable of IEC 61511
- Work collaboratively with design engineers, operation engineers, purchasers, and other internal personnel
- Liaise with clients, suppliers, contractors and relevant authorities
Even if you don't have all the skills and experience listed, we still welcome your application. At Wood, we value diversity and equal opportunities, and we believe in accessing all the talent available. So if you have some of the necessary knowledge, skills, and experience to help us tackle the world's biggest challenges and develop your potential, please don't hesitate to apply.
Skills / Qualifications
- Even if you don't have all the skills and experience listed, we still welcome your application.
- BSc Electrical / Process / Process Control Engineering
- Extensive experience in instrument and control engineering in the oil, gas or petrochemical industry
- Middle East project experience is preferable (Gas Plants, Refineries etc)
- Must have in - depth knowledge of basic instrumentation and control including flow, level, pressure, temperature, and process analysis
- Must have traceable experience in the field of instrument selection in relation to process applications
- Good knowledge of boiler control, process heater control and process furnace control in accordance with Project Process requirement
- Good knowledge on materials and material selection for in - line instrumentation
- Knowledgeable of electrical systems for instrumentation, including cabling, wiring methods, grounding, materials, control circuits. In addition, hazardous area design implementation shall be part of candidate's experience
- Very knowledgeable with a wide variety of national and international standards, especially related to ISA, ANSI, ASME, API, NFPA and IEC
- Field experience is required in oil, gas, or petrochemical industries with a wide variety of instrument and control installations. Candidate should have experience during plant construction, commissioning, start - up or operations and including selection and installation of field instruments, cables, enclosures, trays, hazardous area installations and grounding
- Candidate should have knowledge of and experience with Distributed Control System (DCS) and Emergency Shutdown System (ESD) and their implementation. Experience with Foundation Fieldbus is a must
- Experience on selected project vendor's PCS (project control system) and FAT (final acceptance test)
- Must be computer literate with advanced level of experience in use of office and technical software
- Good knowledge of English, both written and verbal
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.