Company: Baker Hughes
Skills: Commercial Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Muscat, Muscat Governorate, Oman
Commercial Operations Lead
Are you a Proposals Specialist looking for a new opportunity?
Are you passionate about providing commercial solutions?
Join our team!
Our Oilfield Services business provides intelligent, connected technologies to monitor and control our energy extraction assets. Our Sales teamwork in partnership with our global customers to build loyalty and develop sales growth. We take responsibility for the long-term success of the business by building trusted relationships and an understanding of our customers.
Partner with the best
Your role is required to support growing Service portfolio and work in close cooperation with Commercial and Project Management teams to develop proposals and negotiate contract terms
As a Commercial Operations Lead, you will be responsible for:
• Negotiating with customers, developing proposals and ensure deals deliver shareholder value (may include compiling and submitting required tender documentation)
• Upholding the integrity of all commercial processes, policies and procedures (including leading quotation preparation and contract discussion for region service projects)
• Understanding of customer requirements to provide the best solutions and achieve high profitability/low risk technical and commercial outcomes
• Working in close collaboration with local Team and Global & Region Sales & Service teams to build and maintain a healthy opportunity pipeline
• Developing professional working partnerships with other functions (Legal, Finance, Tax, Supply Chain, Operations, etc.) to enable effective communication, on-time responses, improved information flow to help shape winning and profitable bids
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
• Have 5+ years of professional experience in proposals and contracts, sales, commercial finance, contract negotiation and execution
• Have knowledge of legal aspects and implications of contracts, terms and conditions, negotiation, etc. to allow constructing contracts with minimizing risk
• Be fluent in English
• Be a team player and display good communication skills
• Be able to take the initiative to analyse and explore alternate design ideas and approaches to creating solutions
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too.
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
• Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
• Comprehensive private medical care options
• Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
• Tailored financial programs
• Additional elected or voluntary benefits
We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward - making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.