Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for Cost Engineer with extensive experience in The oil and gas petrochemical industry Candidate must be able to work on daily basis 6/1 we are only considering applications from local Iraqi nationals preferably residing in Iraq Basra.
Skills / Qualifications
- The primary purpose of this role is to support the Production Assets on Opex and Capex budgets including VOWD reporting to Finance. This role is to ensure the delivery on the asset cost control, maintenance schedule and cost reporting. This position requires the Cost and Planning Engineer to work across organizational boundaries whilst coaching and training local staff across the three main office sites in the Company. The reporting line to Asset Cost & Scheduling Lead in the Organisation of Asset Accountabilities
- Provide expertise and deliver requirements for Production and Maintenance Opex and Capex budget setting and planning in line with OE blade 8. Track and coordinate budgets ensuring cost control delivering a monthly update on burn rates and latest estimates
- Execute and deliver to Finance the monthly VOWD (Value of Work Done) against the Prod & Maint budget in conjunction with all department heads and budget holders
- Implement a budget process for the medium term with 5 years view of Production and Maintenance Opex and Capex forecasting on Business Plans
- Manage vendors reporting and invoicing for Assets to ensure all the payment disputes and payment are process in accordance to Client policy
- Support relevant BIP (Business Improvement Projects) charters and actions as documented. Cost leadership and trending for improvement process
- Support the Maintenance Planning for 90 days and 2 years Long Term Plan for IAP
- Estimate the work and do cost benchmarking to identify the cost reduction opportunity for the asset. Experience in Production Asset Cost Capitalisation and Operation Classifications
- At Least 5 years of experience and have supervisory/ advisory position
- Knowledge of International Oil Company Maintenance, Cost and Contracting processes - essential
- Demonstrable skills as SAP SuperuFer
- Good Microsoft excel and Power Point Skills
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience of working in he Basra area would be an advantage
- Good communicator with willingness to share knowledge and support others
- Strong team working ethic, positive, enthusiastic and Proactive.
- An active listener with the ability to focus on customer requirement
- Flexible and adaptable Fluent in both spoken and written English language
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.