The role of the Engineer Reliability-PACO, TAO is responsible for the design, assessment & validation work in the Shell SIFpro tool according to agreed planning and supporting a First Time Right culture and behaviors.
Understand the complexities and intricacies of maintenance activities of Field instruments, Analyzer instruments, control system instruments like PLC,DCS instruments in oil and gas industry by studying the operations and maintenance manuals of OEMs, general task lists, equipment specific task lists, Test certificates, maintenance reports, spare part list, maintenance strategies etc., and technical discussions with global, site maintenance leads/technical authorities & OEMs/Vendors etc.,
Prepare maintenance strategies, carry out assessment, ensure correct prioritization of work, troubleshoot & propose technical solutions virtually, co-ordinate discussion with stakeholders, conduct Risk Assessment, ensure good QA/QC, record keeping, & final job closure to enable high equipment reliability & plant availability.
The purpose of the job role comprises the following key aspects:
- Enter SIL assessment data in SIFpro from HEMP, LOPA assessment report
- Design new SIF's in SIFpro and ensure synchronization with TA frequency / do ability. Liase with stakeholders as necessary.
- Recalculate test frequencies after turnaround date changes
- Cleanup SIFpro database and ensure alignment with GSAP (Test frequency, task, instrument tag & type).
- Assign test procedures from template library.
- Update test procedures with comment from maintenance/operations. • Provide input for GSAP
- .Monitor and report SIS/IPF KPI's. • Review SIFpro database from EPC projects.
- Provide input to test interval extension requests
Key Challenges :
- Participate in the multidisciplinary Bow tie review and Process Safety Assessment review workshop.
- Knowledge in SIL assessment/SIL verification and Design in SIFPro
- Knowledge of the risk assessment of SIFs via SIL classification, Safe Fault tolerance justification calculations, Calculation of Test Intervals & Test coverage factors
- provide support on HAZID, HAZOP, IPF Classification studies, and any other relevant studies pertaining to engineering
- Analyse and Explore maintenance/design on Control and Automation systems, covering SIS, DCS, F&G, ESD, PLC, Relay system, LCP, actuated/control valves, field instrumentation are added advantages.
- Prepares and implements all necessary changes in SIFPro databas
- Assist in requirements for validation, verification and functional safety assessment.
- Improve existing strategies and procedures in timely manner as per latest technical and maintenance requirements.
- Optimize maintenance strategy (SAP PM & CM routines).
- Keep updated on discipline technical and technological development. • Assist assets in performing PCD-I related activities.
- Ensures that work in his/her area of responsibility is carried out in accordance with global and local HSSE&SP policy and procedures
- Confidence to work in virtual environment and managing engagement across different levels of stakeholders, including senior management for day-to-day operations. Includes initiative to identify and help resolve business and technical issues within areas of responsibility.
- Sound understanding of business/process workflow and having mature mindset to deal and behave under tough/challenging situations.
- Strong proficiency in using English for both spoken and written communication, as well as using Office Communicator, Instant Messaging, Video Conferencing, Outlook, etc.
- Shift work following operating hours of the asset.
- Resilient under pressure and able to work with people of different culture and working style.
- Willing to travel to various operating units/sites across the globe as per requirements.
- A self-starter and reliable deliverer and able to negotiate with people, and able to resist undue influence that might otherwise compromise integrity of data quality.
- Exposes the individual to all cultural backgrounds, diverse geographies and organizational levels across diverse time zones.
Requirements:Education / Experience:
- Perform PACO engineer role and other technical functions for asset.
- Comply with TAO Quality Management Framework and provide insight for continuous improvement in ways of working and create sustainable repeatable job functions.
- Ability to identify continuous improvements in his own work, business processes, practices etc. to create value to the organization.
- University Degree in Instrumentation & Control/Electronics & Instrumentation/Electronics/Electrical or related full-time university degree with at least 5 years relevant experience or Diploma in & Control/Electronics & Instrumentation/Electronics/Electrical or related with at least 9 years of relevant experience.
- Broad exposure to Operations and Maintenance/or Surface engineering, and a good understanding of the Maintenance process/system in Oil & Gas or Petro-chemical industry.
- Experience on pneumatic, Hydraulic and electronic controlled C&A system, auxiliaries and interfaces system and communication protocol(modbus, TCP/IP etc) • Awareness of ISA Standards including ISA 84 (process safety standard) / IEC61508, IEC61511.
- Knowledge/Understanding of the Shell HSSE Framework, HAZID, HAZOP, LOPA / IPF Classification studies, Management of Change (MOC), F&G Mapping Studies.
- Knowledge of Asset Management System & recommended practices.
- Hands-on experience in C&A systems, covering SIS, DCS, F&G, ESD, PLC, Relay system, LCP, actuated/control valves, field instrumentation.
- Knowledge in Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) e.g. SAP.
- Obtained HEMP 100, TSE 100 Training.
- Awareness of PCD Integrity.
- Exposure to Preventive/ Corrective/breakdown maintenance and turnarounds.
- Exposure in detail design of Automation system, Instrumentation and Control
- Proven track record of individual performance factor. • Good self-motivation, high drive for performance, customer focus, stakeholder engagement and team working skills are essential. • Fully compliant with Industry Life Saving Rules. • A finisher delivering against targets and deadlines. • A good and strong team player.
- Obtained M269-0, M269-2A Trainings.M269-2B completion or valid Functional Safety Engineer Certification.
- FAT/SAT participation experience.
- Knowledge on IPF Methodology/Review and awareness on Asset IPF Lifecycle Reviews (IPF FAIR/FSA).
- Virtual/Remote working experience is highly desirable.
Working knowledge in managing projects
- Awareness to Knowledge in Reliability Centered Maintenance techniques and Root Cause Analysis.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize and ensure delivery of priorities as promised, work without close supervision, and work through others to deliver results