Where you fit in
Shell Lubricants Indonesia is a growing organization who are passionate about reaching to more consumers across the archipelago to serve them with a cleaner energy. Developing our distribution and sales footprint through our distributors across the country will play a crucial role in ensuring availability of our products to the consumers. You are going to be part of Shell Lubricant Indonesia sales team where we strive to generate a sustainable & profitable business for Shell as well as Shell's distributors. What's the role?
As Indirect Channel Account Manager, you will be driving Shell's sales, distribution and marketing strategy execution in the market via distributor's team. Your role will primarily be generating volume and revenue for Shell via distributor. More specifically, your role will include:
What we need from you
- Ensure the delivery of Shell's volume and revenue via distributors as well as managing a smooth business process (managing sales & payment from distributors).
- Drives Shell' sales, distribution & marketing strategy in the distributor to ensure excellent execution by distributor's team in the market (including briefing, training, coaching & monitoring of all programs).
- Develop distributor's capability in managing their business to ensure a sustainable profitable business (including financial management, people management & logistics management).
- Explore & investigate new opportunities to sell Shell's products via distributors.
- Accountable for the optimization of investment yield in the market.
LOCATION: Based in Surabaya.
To be successful in this role, you will primarily need solid influencing skills, especially in ensuring Shell's distributor is fully aligned to the strategy. Furthermore, you will also need to possess excellent analytical skills and be comfortable with data management. In addition, we hope to see the following in your CV:
- Must have a Bachelors degree (from any field) but Engineering is advantageous.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Sales and Technical background would be an advantage.
- Proven track record in sales & distribution field (preferably from medium to fast moving categories).
- General knowledge in commercial acumen (able to guard Shell's investment to generate high yield).
- Proficiency with numbers and must possess solid analytical capability.
- Knowledge on Digitalization (social media/various digital platforms) and Distributor Financial Management.
- Candidates with experience in Oil & Gas, FMCG, Lubricants, Automotive (Spare Parts) and Consumer Goods industries are preferred.
- Must be amenable to 80% travelling within East Java with a thorough knowledge of Safety & Security (high will to be placed across Indonesia will be an advantage).
- Skilled with stakeholder management, leadership, interpersonal, oral and written presentation skills.
- Striving to always improve performance and driven to deliver excellent execution.
- Thorough knowledge of distributor's operations (sales, financial, marketing, logistics).
- Must know how to advocate a sustainable & profitable business (general knowledge in reading financial statements would be an advantage).
- Must be proficient in English and Bahasa language.
Shell began operations in Indonesia more than 100 years ago and can look back on a rich history with Indonesia. At Shell Indonesia, we believe that diversity is key: it will help our drive to innovate and make sure that our employees' ideas will travel. We offer an exciting platform from which you can deliver and excel. Shell Indonesia manages business operations that include marketing and trading oil products directly as well as through its appointed distributors. In 2006, Shell started its Commercial Fuels business in Indonesia: we provide bulk fuels and related technical support to the Industrial and Transport Sector. Shell Indonesia is also planning to establish a significant presence in the upstream sector. An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you'll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future - whether by investing in oil, gas, and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.