Where you fit in
Shell wants to lead the way as a key energy partner for customers, governments and suppliers, in the Energy transition and has committed to very ambitious targets to be a net-zero emissions energy business by 2050 or sooner. New Energies and Shell Energy (SEDG) have the ambition to substantially grow the European B2B/C&I Gas and Power supply and sales business, with a strong focus on supporting customers and partners in their journey towards their carbon emissions and sustainability targets.
Germany, Italy (followed by Spain, NL and UK) are some of the key markets in Europe with an important role to play in the Energy Transition of the Shell Group as well as of the Shell Energy/New Energies businesses.
The Innovation Projects & Integration Manager
plays a key role in this strategy and journey. The role supports driving new market entries via organic growth by enlarging the product portfolio as well as via geographical expansion to new markets and potentially supports M&A activities. The Innovation & Integration Manager will work in collaboration with all relevant departments to develop, adopt and integrate new solutions/products for customers into the portfolio with the goal to enable the B2B organization to grow the customers portfolio and to maximize the value for the Group as well as contributing to deliver the Energy Transition plan in Germany generally.
In this role you will identify opportunities in new markets and new business areas and develop strategies to monetize them. Additionally you will be responsible to enhance the organization to deliver in new markets and market areas in a scalable and robust way.
The role aims to accelerate the growth of Shell in Germany by leveraging Shell's experience and the sales, origination and trading capability across the wider organization.What is the role
The key accountabilities include but are not limited to below:
What we need from you
- Lead of adhoc projects
- Lead of business input into IT projects
- Identify new business areas for SEDG and ensure their smooth implementation
- Integrate new businesses and Shell's Portfolio companies in the Power and Gas space into SEDG, leverage arising synergies and guarantee a robust and scalable business
- Focus on efficiency, synergies and avoid creating bottlenecks
- Very strong collaboration with other parts of the German organisation and all relevant departments
- Solution focused engagement with critical functions for enhancing SEDG such as Tax, Finance, Credit and Regulatory Teams
- Supporting SEDG in its M&A activities, with focus on integration of potential targets into SEDG.
- Accountability for successful operations and focus on profitability of the integrated business in the SEDG organization
- Elaborate and implement solutions for arising opportunities with C&I organization and German CPU customers.
We are looking for an experienced individual who is keen and committed to be part of our energy transition journey and who can demonstrate a broad understanding of project management, change and integration management and strategic stakeholder management. At the same time the Innovation & Integration Manager needs to demonstrate a broad understanding of the complexity of the power & gas business in DACH/Europe and with experience in delivery of complex projects that include origination, operational delivery, and business change in the energy market. We are looking for someone with
- A minimum of 10 years broad experience in business development, origination, deal delivery and/or implementation of different structures, counterparties and in different markets, operations and Shell processes.
- In-depth expertise of DACH Energy markets and regulations, specifically Gas and/or Power
- Proven stakeholder management with a wide external network of potential partners will be essential. Ability to expand network and develop new key relationships and partnerships
- Experience in change management and project management
- Proven track record of commercial complex deal making from deal identification through to delivery.
- Knowledge in the M&A space, including post-merger integration.
- Quick learning and very strong collaboration skills are key
- Strong can-do mindset, driven by results yet highly resilient, comfortable working in fast-paced environment
- Strong communication, stakeholder engagement and relationship building skills, as well as the ability to achieve results through influencing others.
- Strong analytical skills to be able to work with large amount of data and conflicting insights, new technologies and interdependencies.
- Creative and critical thinking
- Entrepreneurial and challenger mindset.