Where you fit
You will be accountable for delivery of key period end activities in Finance Operations. Finance Operations drive value by delivering end-to-end operational excellence, capturing the integration value of being part of Shell and matching the operational performance of the best external providers. Delivery is driven through a strong performance culture focused on business/process outcomes, at a sustainable cost level. What's the role?
The Period End Analyst (PET) Role reports directly to the PET Lead. This role will execute the Period End process for Upstream Entities as well as the business specific process improvement and the controls simplification agenda. In this role you will interface with business stakeholders and your finance in the business colleagues.Some of your key deliverables are as below:
- Support months end close activities by monitor & review closing cycles for closing cycle in SAP
- Time-writing (Pot Allocation unit computation)
- VOWD & automatic accrual
- Difference in Exchange rate (DIE) execution
- Settlement, cost allocation & working capital transfer
- Prior Equity Adjustment & Cutback
- Cycle maintenance & KB15N journals
- Provide guidance for GL creation, support maintaining chart of accounts mappings & Org hierarchy
- DIE commentary
- Year End close and Opening balance rollover.
- Initiate & support system/process improvement and business change through UAT or input provider:
- S4 Hana Project
- Shell Malaysia Exploration and Production business changes (e.g. GK Redet, Upstream Asset Hierarchy change, etc.)
- WCC & PET Standardization
- Control operator for PET related controls.
- Perform Blackline account reconciliation
- Financial Closing Cockpit (FCC)
- Support Master Reference Data (MRD) maintenance.
- Part of ISM for SAP BLP - Integrated Support Model, be the first point of contact for end user queries/raising incidents with IT support and ensure timely closure
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely processing of transaction and meet monthly closing cycle deadlines in a self-directed manner.
- Trouble shoot problems in every area of SAP (BLP) and FCC.
- Complying with team, center, process and global policies and procedures.
- Provide guidance to team members in the form of on-the-job coaching.
- Excellent SAP & Excel skills
- Passionate to work with & explore SAP accounting system
- Good accounting knowledge
- Upstream Oil & Gas knowledge is an advantage.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant working experience in finance related roles
Shell Business Operations (SBO) is a chain of operational centers that form an integral part of Royal Dutch Shell. We influence business development for Shell globally, enabling the work of 93,000 employees in over 70 countries across the world.
SBO Kuala Lumpur is home to 11 different functions that support Shell within the Southeast Asia, Oceania, and Middle East region. Housing more than 2000 employees, SBO Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance that enable Shell to operate in a global competitive and ever-changing business environment.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Kuala Lumpur is focused on driving excellent corporate performance in Contracting and Procurement, Creative Solutions, Customer Operations, Finance Operations, Human Resource, Information Technology, Legal Operations, Retail Centre of Excellence, Supply Chain, Technical Asset Operation and Upstream Transformation. We enable Shell to operate in a global-competitive and ever-changing business environment.An Innovative Place to Work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.An Inclusive & Progressive Place to Work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we'll take it from there.
We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.A Rewarding Place to Work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice. Our CARE benefits are mindfully curated to promote Eco Living, overall Wellbeing, Personal Growth and Caring for our loved ones.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.