What is the role?
Valuation professionals are integral members of multidiscipline teams with specific project and business deliverables as well as members of a functional team. They belong to the Commercial Career in our Organization. Valuation work products include generation of the analysis and insights required for strategic direction setting, annual business planning activities, portfolio evaluations and investment/divestment decisions.
There is an increasing business focus on Decision Quality and a need to provide greater clarity around the value proposition and trade-offs for an opportunity to enable timely decisions. Valuation advisors are central to this Decision Quality improvement effort via development of enabling tools, processes, methods and skills. They should have the capacity and willingness for heavy-duty analytical work, yet the ability to translate those details into useful insights and advice for decision makers.
As a Sr. Valuation Advisor, you will be responsible of the following duties:
What we need from you
- Framing and synthesis capability for executive presentations
- Involvement in the design of the strategy for the monetization of assets
- Development of economic models to support investment decisions
- Evaluation of growth strategies in assets (core or infrastructure) in M&A and NBD processes for the assets and/or other corporate areas
- Economic modeling/asset value creation
- Ability to analyze economic metrics and generate insights
- Modeling of risks and opportunities to projects (deterministic and probabilistic)
- Structuring and participation in the commercial negotiation phases
- Ensure that functional sign-off is in place on all projects prior to key decision points
- Maintain model documentation, databooks, comply with the Economic Assurance Review process and maintain corporate data.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Brazil on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Candidate must have at least 4-8 (four to eight) years of professional experience in the Energy Sector, Investment Banking or Consulting (Strategic Consulting)
- Bachelor's degree or Master degree in Finance/Administration/Accounting/Engineering
- Experience in Project Evaluation (Corporate Finance, M&A and/or NBD), modelling and development of Business Plans (Annual and Strategic Plan)
- Skill in Financial Planning /Accounting, analytical, strategic and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to manage internal and external stakeholders, deliver complex in an environment of excellence and pressure
- Advanced English (written and oral)
- CFA (desirable), Postgraduate/MBA (desirable)
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity, and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork, and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.