Shell Trading & Supply has a global portfolio of crude oil, refined products, LNG, chemicals, natural gas, electrical power, and CO2.
This particular role will be supporting the Trading and Supply business.
The key to becoming a successful Claims Specialist is to minimize the impact of cost claims and maximize the recovery of pursued claims.
We are looking for highly motivated people that are results-driven, work resiliently under pressure, and can demonstrate a passion for getting the best deal for Shell.
Commerciality, curiosity, attention to detail, and problems all come naturally to our ideal candidate.
If you have a track record proving that you are a quick learner, a good communicator, and strong at building relationships with your stakeholders - then we are looking for you. In our team, you will:
- Investigate the events of crude oil (or related products) claims and check the contractual agreement around costs.
- Prepare product quantity, quality, and freight claims with third parties and stakeholders to maximize income while reducing costs paid out to prevent exposure for Shell.
- Ensure timely recovery of claims and correct reflection of financial implications in trading systems.
- Co-operate with global stakeholders (such as Oil Traders, Commercial Operators, Inspection companies, Legal team, Product Quality team, etc).
- Negotiate claims to deliver value and retain profit.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly reports and trend analyses.
- Manage and monitor the sanctions process according to Compliance requirements.
- Actively seek Continuous Improvement opportunities to save time and money and enable you to effectively shape your work.
- Take responsibility for safety, compliance, and audit readiness.
- University Degree level or equivalent work experience.
- Exposure to working with global stakeholders and counterparties via remote communication.
- Evidence of ability to identify the root cause of problems and generate/support creative solutions to those problems.
- Inquiring and strong analytical skills to understand every detail of an Oil deal, its execution, and the technicalities around the operation.
- Microsoft Excel skills at medium level.
- Ability to read and interpret legal language would be an asset.
- Experience in the industry, particularly in Marine/Terminal Operations, Oil Loss Claims, Quality claims, Refinery and Terminal Logistics, and/or Trading Contracts would be an advantage.