Where you fit in
Shell has established Shell Energy Nigeria (SEN) organisation building on the succesful Local Distribution Company -Shell Nigeria Gas (SNG) Limited, thereby creating a significant growth opportunity in the marketing and sales of natural gas, tapping into a large market currently consuming liquid fuels, helping to provide cleaner and affordable energy to the Nigerian people and driving economic development. Shell in Nigeria benefits from large availability of natural gas, a substantial Shell footprint, and Government ambition to aggressively drive gas development over the next decade
As Contract Coordinator, you will be at the forefront of this challenging ambition by growing SNG sales and distribution by maturing identified opportunities in Nigeria using SNG Project Management Guide to achieve SNG growth ambition (250 mmscf/d by 2025 and 1Bscf/d in 2030). This role will also require significant interface management with stakeholders, both internal and external.
In this role, you will
- Provide commercial direction in the creation, management and execution of contracts supporting the E2E operations function i.e. Facilities, Remediation, Maintenance, and Projects. This comprises pre-award and post-award contract management for design, material procurement, tendering/contract management, site supervision, commissioning and interface management activitiesAs contract holder (CH) for the projects, exercise responsibilities for all stages of the planning, execution and management of own contracts. Undertake compliance audits to ensure compliance with contract terms and conditions and appropriate delivery of all contract deliverables. Working with contract services, review, process and settle all claims and disputes during the execution phase. Ensure proper contract close-out.Liaise and manage interfaces with following key stakeholders to ensure seamless execution of pipeline projects teams, commercial/contract services, procurement, external relations, HSE, Tender Board, host communities, NNPC Gas Infrastructure Company, , Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority and others as may be necessary.
- Lead and/or participate in integrated audit teams contributing own expertise into technical (e.g. HAZOPS (Hazard and Operability Studies), design reviews, etc), HSE and business control audits.
What's the role
- Participate in development of department's business plans including budget and HSE plans.
- Provide commercial support to other parts of SNG business.
- Contract Pre-award: Lead talk to the Contract Owner about the justification and implications of using the selected Contract Mode; Determine the Contract HSSE Risk and relevant HSSE requirements; Ensure the Contractor capability HSSE assessment is completed including; a) a desk-top review of the Contractor's HSSE Management System and b) a scope specific assessment to confirm the Contractor has the capability and resources to manage the actual contract scope safely; Ensure the Contractor develops a Contract HSSE Plan.
- Contract Post Award: Approve the Contract HSSE Plan submitted by the Contractor prior to start of work; Regularly review the management of HSSE Risks and HSSE performance with the Contractor; Require that the Contractor demonstrates that its Personnel; a) understand the Contract HSSE risks & requirements and b) have been given an induction on the HSSE Risks of the contracted activities; Verify Contract HSSE requirements and associated Contract HSSE Plan are being implemented during execution
What we need from you?
- Ensure your Contract Management Team (CMT), including the HSSE Lead, is in place and aware of their responsibilities
- Develop commercially competitive contracting & procurement strategies for assigned key spend categories which meets the Business demand and is aligned with the category strategy.
- Apply the PTCAM/CMCP process and CP operations practices while focusing on contribution to the business drivers and not compromising on compliance for HSSE&SP, E&C, Code of Conduct, Laws and regulations.
- Identify, develop & implement supply chain improvement opportunities, particularly to enable lean sourcing, effective and waste-free requisition-to-pay (RTP) processes.
- Proactively identify & understand commercial/procurement needs from internal stakeholders (Shell Business) and collaboratively propose competitive solutions. This may involve constructively challenging the Business Demand &/or Procurement Practices in order to drive value and efficiency for the organization.
- Manage Supplier Relationship effectively and collaboratively drive continuous performance improvement via relevant contract key metrics (e.g.: HSSE, Operations, Cost) to ensure effective contractual delivery, value optimization and risk management.
- Build and maintain strong network in the market, being fully aware of supplier developments and opportunities coming up in the market.
- Manage Key Stake Holder Interfaces, e.g. Category Leads, Contract Holders, Contract Owners, Global Category Team (where applicable) & Suppliers.
- Track record of execution excellence & delivering results.
- Highly tuned commercial acumen and curiosity with demonstrated ability to develop and deliver value from complex deals.
- Proven experience in contract negotiations & complex tender evaluation
- Good understanding of strategic, technical, legal, finance, taxation and commercial issues.
- Highly driven, 'can do', inspiring, able to articulate in a crisp and precise manner.
- Uncompromising on HSSE, ethics & compliance
- Continuous improvement and simplification mindset
- Strong and Proven Interpersonal, Influencing & Stakeholder Management Skills.
- Ability to cope with complexity & uncertainty and proven adaptability
- Driven, Motivated & Passionate to drive positive change.
- MCIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply) Qualification (completion or in progress) would be beneficial
Specific experiences and skills we would like you to bring:
- A university degree in Engineering/Accounting/Accountancy or alike and 4+ years of experience in contracting and procurement, project Engineering/Project Management in Oil & Gas industry.
- Communication and Influencing skills to effectively deal with major contractors, host communities and other stakeholders.
- Certification in Project Management is an advantage
- Supply account management Category management
- Pre Award & post award HSSE management
- Knowledge of Process systems management (SAP & Ariba) - added advantage
Shell does not request monetary payments (e.g. insurance policy, visa/work permit, HUET or HSSE training, special job offer, etc.) for employment. Individuals who are interested in opportunities within the Shell Group will find open positions listed on the company websites www.shell.com/careers when available.
Shell does not make use of employment forms; neither does the Company process CVs that have not been submitted through the proper websites: www.shell.com/careers . All successful applicants who receive an offer of employment from Shell would have been required to go through a formal and transparent recruitment process.
To learn more about Shell's recruitment process please visit our website www.shell.com/careers .
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
COMPANY DESCRIPTIONAn innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we're nurturing an inclusive environment - one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential...
A rewarding place to work
- We're creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we'll take it from there.
- We're closing the gender gap - whether that's through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We're striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.