Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Principal Mechanical Engineer to join their London project delivery team on a 12 month contract basis.
To review and approve designs and data sheets and enquiry documentation for the mechanical scope of a pipeline project including, but not limited to, the following types of equipment: air cooled heat ex changers, centrifugal compressors, GTdrivers, centrifugal pumps, storage tanks, water bath heaters, pressure vessels. utility packages, pig launchers/receivers.
- Ensuring the mechanical team is suitably resourced for planned objectives and all personnel are suitably SQEP'd for the project Providing assurance to the PEM and Client Engineer that all aspects engineering within the mechanical discipline have been carried to an acceptable standard.
- Liaising with other engineering disciplines to ensure best practice is applied to the engineering of NMGP project and to ensure compliance to project specifications and standards.
- Reviewing and approval of designs and check/approval of engineering deliverable.
- Undertaking technical bid evaluations, where required.
- Thinking creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems.
- Identifying of risks in the workplace, site and design work being undertaken.
- Considering the environmental, commercial, safety and operational aspects of design.
- Managing change and identifying, formalising and notifying relevant parties of changes in the project.
- Communicating and liaising with colleagues, subcontractors, vendors and clients.
- Estimating and the management of budgets, schedule and quality of projects.
- Driving, control and schedule of workshare using global integrated delivery (GID).
- Lead Engineer proven experience on Oil & Gas, Petrochemical FEED projects.
- Knowledge of Pumps including Seal Systems.
- Good knowledge of Gas Turbine Driven Centrifugal Compressors.
- Knowledge of Power Generation Equipment.
- Knowledge of Utility Packages.
- Knowledge of American design codes and standards, i.e. ASME, ASTM, NACE, API.
- Working knowledge of corrosion and degradation mechanisms and able to review materials of construction for equipment in gas service.
- Commercial awareness within professional services environment.